Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commission free foreign exchange on BOI Graduate Account?

Options
  • 16-11-2010 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

I'm just wondering can anyone tell me either way if foreign exchange transactions are commission free on a Graduate Account with BOI?

I know I used to have this bonus when I had a third level account but when they wrote to me upgrading me to a graduate account there was no mention of it in the T&C so I assumed it was gone. I have searched their rates and fees on their site for both a third level and graduate account and there is no reference to the commission free offer.

Anyway, I ask this because I went in and bought sterling today and chanced my arm and asked should it be commission free because I have a graduate account. The woman behind the counter said she thought it was and when I checked my receipt it has €0.00 commission on it. However, I've just checked a BOI foreign exchange receipt I have from a month ago that I still have (from a different branch) and I was charged commission that time.

So which is it supposed to be?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Graduates are subject to foreign exchange commission fees. It sounds like she put yours through as student rate, which she shouldn't have done.

Advertisement