Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda Kenny and Teaching in Skerries

Options
  • 16-11-2010 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Everytime anyone asks Enda Kenny about his experience outside politics he always mentions he worked as a primary school teacher in Skerries in the 70s. So does anyone remember our future Taoiseach in waiting teaching them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Everytime anyone asks Enda Kenny about his experience outside politics he always mentions he worked as a primary school teacher in Skerries in the 70s. So does anyone remember our future Taoiseach in waiting teaching them?

Cant say I ever heard of him teaching in Skerries but fck me if he is the best we can do as an alternative to our current leader we will have a few hard classes coming up. Wernt the Skerries folk blessed the day he opted for politics!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

@Leo - LOL! :D

Back to the OP - He didn't teach in St Patrick's NS or the Holy Faith Convent as far as I can remember. Maybe he taught in the De La Salle secondary school?

Just thinking further - there was also St Móbhí's in Milverton or the CoI NS in Holmpatrick. He could have taught in either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Its definately a primary school, all the bio's online say he qualified as a primary school teacher. He practised for two years but he may have not taught in Skerries for both those years. He then took over the family TD seat after his fathers death in the 20th Dail in 1973. It does make sense that he was a primary school teacher, he still has that way they use to speak to you when you were 7 and did something wrong.

He may have taught in St Patrick's NS in Jackser Doyle's (anyone remember him?) time in the very early 70's before I started there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement