Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc ratoath

Options
  • 16-11-2010 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭

hi anybody in ratoath co meath have upc broadband im in the old mill anybody have it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

I was talking to one of the upc engineers that work in the vans he said there waiting on some part and it should be live in two weeks wish they hurry up mobile broadband sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I had a call from UPC last week about switching my current broadband to them. They said it is now available in the area. Suppose to be coming to switch me over on the 4th of December, they were going to do it this week but I wasn't around. Fingers crossed it actually happens,sick of the crap service I am getting from Eircom.

Floppybits wrote: »
    I had a call from UPC last week about switching my current broadband to them. They said it is now available in the area. Suppose to be coming to switch me over on the 4th of December, they were going to do it this week but I wasn't around. Fingers crossed it actually happens,sick of the crap service I am getting from Eircom.
    im in old mill there doing the connection today and should be live friday .The sooner the better want to get back to online gaming:D.

rob808 wrote: »
    im in old mill there doing the connection today and should be live friday .The sooner the better want to get back to online gaming:D.

Rob, not the only one.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Rob, not the only one.
    I know man i had eircom it was ok got a few problems with it at times doh good enougth services just expensive .I never really download games took to long on my 3mb broadband doh never really lag in games but playing games mw2 it made host sometimes was kinda funny everybody was wraping around the place:D.

• Advertisement

upc broadband now live in The old mill ratoath:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Is this being still rolled out in Ratoath? I'm moving house, staying in Ratoath and contacted UPC about the new address. The girl said it wasn't available at that address yet. :(

I asked did she know when it would be but she didn't know. I then asked were they continuing to roll it out in Ratoath, again she didn't know.

Would it be unusual for them to only connect part of a town and then leave it?

Is this being still rolled out in Ratoath? I'm moving house, staying in Ratoath and contacted UPC about the new address. The girl said it wasn't available at that address yet. :(

I asked did she know when it would be but she didn't know. I then asked were they continuing to roll it out in Ratoath, again she didn't know.

Would it be unusual for them to only connect part of a town and then leave it?

Hi try asking a upc engineer about it they know more than customer service.The guys drving around in upc vans.

rob808 wrote: »
    Hi try asking a upc engineer about it they know more than customer service.The guys drving around in upc vans.

I had noticed them driving around. I'll try and flag one down next time I see them.

I was ruling out fixed line broadband as the last tenant was using mobile broadband and so I didn't want to have to pay the connection charge.

Moved into the new place on Friday anyway and as I pull up to the door, who's standing there but a sales guy from Eircom.

Turned out he was doing house calls to only 4 houses in the estate who had a a good credit history with them as they were offering Next Generation Broadband (NGB) to only these customers (landlord had previously been an Eircom customer). 8 Mb/s, 30GB d/load allowance. Optional phone with unlimited landline calls and 30 free minutes to mobiles. The cheapest package was €25 but that only had a download limit of 10GB. So I got the 30GB package and no reconnection charge either :D

My last broadband package was €35 a month with Vodafone, 3 Mb/s and 30GB d/load limit so I'm sásta anyway.

• Advertisement

I was ruling out fixed line broadband as the last tenant was using mobile broadband and so I didn't want to have to pay the connection charge.

Moved into the new place on Friday anyway and as I pull up to the door, who's standing there but a sales guy from Eircom.

Turned out he was doing house calls to only 4 houses in the estate who had a a good credit history with them as they were offering Next Generation Broadband (NGB) to only these customers (landlord had previously been an Eircom customer). 8 Mb/s, 30GB d/load allowance. Optional phone with unlimited landline calls and 30 free minutes to mobiles. The cheapest package was €25 but that only had a download limit of 10GB. So I got the 30GB package and no reconnection charge either :D

My last broadband package was €35 a month with Vodafone, 3 Mb/s and 30GB d/load limit so I'm sásta anyway.

I give you a couple of months of a crap connection. I was on supposedly 7mb broadband with eircom and barely got 3mb anytime I signed on. As soon as UPC came out in my area in Ratoath I was straight onto them, best move I have made.

3mb might do me. I had the problem with Vodafone of being on 3mb but getting less than 1mb some days, so 3mb on a bad day is still an improvement for me.

I'll report back here if it is bad though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Does anyone know whether or not UPC+ is available in Ratoath? The website says it is, yet when we tried to order it over the phone, we were told it's not available.

Does anyone know whether or not UPC+ is available in Ratoath? The website says it is, yet when we tried to order it over the phone, we were told it's not available.
    yea it available it depense were you live in ratoath some areas cant get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭LarWright

Resurrecting an old thread here, but any of the previous posters on UPC have Sky also? Wondering in Ratoath, what the story with the UPC Phone line connections being compatible with the Sky callback function for multi room?

Also what speeds you getting from UPC?

Can't help you mate. Still with eircom, probably more due to apathy than anything. I don't think UPC made it to my estate.

Advertisement