Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to get out of contract

Options
  • 16-11-2010 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

My girlfriends phone gave up last week so she went and bought a new sony erikson something or other on an 18 month contract with 02.

Now shes had nothing but problem with this phone since she got it and as well as that it was a rip off.

Anyway all of that is just the back story. What i want to know is has anyone got any advise on how to get out of a contract with 02?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Afraid not. She can get the phone sent and fixed free ofcourse, but she will still be tied to the contract. Fault in the handset wouldn't be grounds for breakage.

You can of course buy the contract out if you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭who what when

Davy wrote: »
    You can of course buy the contract out if you wanted.

Oh really what would this consist of/cost?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

More than likely paying for her monthly bill x how many months are left on contract

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭who what when

Would there be any room for negotiation?
    She has her internet with them aswell, maybe if she threatened to pull that they might be willing to do a deal?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I'm not too sure only heard of people paying off early with a few months left an paying full months.. its such a waist though as ya loose your mins an texts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I got out of contract with O2 because data coverage wasn't working well in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

She technically has 14days, she needs to go back to the store asap and i think the only way she will get out of contract is to fight a coverage issue. its worth a shot but you cant just sign up to a contract and then decide you just dont want it anymore!

Advertisement