Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven Cleaning

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Was this the lakeland stuff. Looks like they do deliver abroad. Might try that next time.

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/info/OverseasDeliveries

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Lakeland do deliver over here all right, its just that they don't deliver that I think it has to do with the chemicals / liquid??

Carriage Restrictions : Note this product can be delivered to Mainland UK only (this includes Scottish Highlands & Islands) - please note this product can not be sent to N.I. or C.I.
    http://www.lakeland.co.uk/4972/Oven-Mate-Cleaning-Gel

it is worth looking it out if you are over in the uk or know someone who could send some over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

quaalude wrote: »
    It was €79. I emailed him for a quote before I made the booking.

:eek: I'd have done it for you for €50.00!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ballymac676

Caros wrote: »
    + 1 for the oven pride stuff, it's fantastic! Good as new oven with no effort!

Hi My oven is in desperate need of a clean, a job I hate, I have never heard of oven pride is it available in supermarkets or if not where do you buy it from. Thanks

Hi My oven is in desperate need of a clean, a job I hate, I have never heard of oven pride is it available in supermarkets or if not where do you buy it from. Thanks

I got it in Dunnes. It's still in the cupboard waiting for me to clean the oven. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Tescos and Supervalu carry it also. About €4.75. Great stuff!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Used Oven Pride on the basis of the recommendations in this thread. Good stuff alright, no uber toxic stench a la Mr. Muscle. Super valu had it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've just moved into a new flat and our oven is MANKY and really old and crap. But anywho, I've just put that Oven Pride stuff on. Best case scenario: it cleans it perfectly. Worst case scenario: It destroys it completely (maybe that's the best case scenario, the more I think about it!). Will report back tomorrow.

Faith wrote: »
    I've just moved into a new flat and our oven is MANKY and really old and crap. But anywho, I've just put that Oven Pride stuff on. Best case scenario: it cleans it perfectly. Worst case scenario: It destroys it completely (maybe that's the best case scenario, the more I think about it!). Will report back tomorrow.

We need 'before' and 'after' photos of course!!:)

I forgot to take them, but the oven is ancient and black inside anyway so you wouldn't have been able to tell! It lifted quite a bit of dirt and grossness, but I'd say it would need a second round to be properly clean. The COLOUR of the cloth when I was washing it this morning was MANKY! I nearly got sick looking at it :/. I feel better about using the oven now though.

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    I forgot to take them, but the oven is ancient and black inside anyway so you wouldn't have been able to tell! It lifted quite a bit of dirt and grossness, but I'd say it would need a second round to be properly clean. The COLOUR of the cloth when I was washing it this morning was MANKY! I nearly got sick looking at it :/. I feel better about using the oven now though.

I'm sure you now feel 'oven-ready' for Christmas!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Of course, as soon as it's clean, you end up with a bit of spillage. Have another bottle of Oven Pride, so I'll be cleaning again after all the Christmas cooking is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

ElleEm wrote: »
    I know someone who pays €80 once a year for her oven to be cleaned and she says its the best money she's ever spent.

Cleaning the oven is the WORST chore as a grown up!!

This stuff is amazing!!!!

Would it not be cheaper to buy a self cleaning oven than forking out €80 even once ? I don't remember ovens being that expensive.

Plus with a self cleaning oven the beauty of it is I can clean it regularly for free and without having to make time for someone to call in to see me. I wouldn't just stick to cleaning my oven once a year. I clean it every 2 months at least. You adjust the setting to ''self clean'' and the temperature rises inside beyond normal cooking temperatures turning all the grease inside to clean ash after about an hour which is easily wiped off. I couldn't see myself ever getting a non self cleaning oven ever again.

I agree psychward. I would never dream of paying anyone for cleaning my oven. My mum would turn in her grave if I did. But I did eventually get down to cleaning the oven with my first ever bottle of OvenPride. It was better for my lungs as there was no smell even though oddly enough it recommends keeping a window open. Don't think you should do that if you are leaving the stuff on overnight, the local burglars might appreciate it though! It did clean the oven very easily - no elbow grease required, well, for about 90% of it anyway as I did have to employ good old Brillo for some stubborn gunge but as I don't clean the oven as often as I should that's my own fault I suppose. I didn't use all the bottle so there will be another attempt before the Christmas Turkey gets cremated next week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

You should clean it with a cloth after dipping into dishwashing liquid. Better to bake a lemon into the oven before cleaning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ryan Lee

Oven Pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Get the husband to do it

Pyroclean's yer only man- every oven should have it these days.

Mod note: A 7 year old thread! I think we can manage without this being bumped :). Feel free to start a new thread if it’s warrented.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement