Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime with a similar atmosphere to Big O?

Options
  • 16-11-2010 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Doesn't need to be a mecha anime, just something that has a similar feel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Batman: The Animated Series. :p

Actually, Cowboy Bebop maybe? Finding anything similar to the Big O would be kind of hard. But from what little of it I saw I felt it fell somewhere between these two shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

I've seen the batman series but i've been meaning to watch cowboy bebop for some time, however the mystery element in Big O was more what i was looking for.

I can't recall seeing a good mystery show in my memory.

There was a some mystery in Haruhi Suzumiya as I recall. It has a completely different feel though.

How about Case Closed? Detective Conan is the only detective anime I can think of.

The whole memories and nostalgic element and them trying to get back their memories etc, i might just watch big O again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Only mystery thriller that kept me capivated was MONSTER. Unfortunately its not out on dvd in europe so tis hard to get a hold of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mystery-wise, all I can think of atm is Serial Experiments Lain.

bump

Don't bump. Contribute. If nobody's posting then nobody has anything to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rigardo

Although not a series, if u haven't seen Perfect Blue yet, it's a great mystery/thriller.

I must check out Big O, it sounds like it might be worth a watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Anxiety

if your looking for mistery detective conan is pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can't stand Conan.

To me it's just mindless, formulaic drivel.
    Might as well call it "Scooby Doo: Japan".

Advertisement