Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Course To Do

• 16-11-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I have Fetac level 5 Childcare qual inc. special needs module & am doing level 6 at night along with working as an SNA in a special needs school with kids with severe-profound disabilities but really want to be a special needs teacher or resource teacher does anyone know what course I should be doing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

You need to be a fully qualified teacher to do resource teaching or teach in a special school - so you'd need to do the Bachelor of Education or one of the post-grad courses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 missym

As far as I'm aware if you do the BA in Montessori in St. Nicholas Montessori College in dublin you are qualified to be a resource teacher in primary schools as well as a qualified substitute teacher in primary schools. You can also work as a teacher in certain categories of special schools.

Hope this helps

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

A sub must be a fully trained primary teacher, lots unemployed at present so subbing will be hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 krisbecs

the montessori way looks good most of the teachers in the special school I work in are montessori qualified thanks for the help everyone :)

Advertisement