If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cambridge Audio Minx??

Options
  • 16-11-2010 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Are you guys going to be stocking the new Cambridge Audio Minx speaker packages?

Thanks
    SSE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi SSE.

Yes, we definately will be stocking it.

One of our guys was over in the UK recently on training and he heard it in action over there and he reckons it's totally amazing. The lucky sod won one too !!!!

We are getting some Point of sale coming through, so we expect the stock to be coming shortly.

Latest news from Cambridge is that they will be landing into our UK guys towards the start of December and they are running them in a few stores to see the level of interest and then the remainder of the stock will follow, so I would like to think we'll see them this side of Christmas.

I hope this helps but we'll keep you posted on any future updates.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Thanks Dave

I'll keep an eye out then, if I can get approval from the finance committee I'll look to get some for Christmas.

Thanks
    SSE

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Dave

I'll keep an eye out then, if I can get approval from the finance committee I'll look to get some for Christmas.

Thanks
    SSE

SSE,

Thanks for pointing out the MINX speaker systemsystem - I really should have posted on it as it's a really nice new range - here is a link to the Cambridge Audio micro site http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/series.php?SID=94

minxheightchart.jpg

Myself & Kenny were over with Cambridge Audio recently being Minx brainwashed and I thought it was seriously excellent - almost up to Monitor Audio Radius standard - but far cheaper!

However after I left the brainwashing session I happened across the smallest 2.1 system in a store that also had an expensive Bose system on demo - the Minx C O M P L E T E L Y wiped the floor with the Bose at a fraction of the price - the system I heard was the MINX S212 which is just £349.95 - what is actually amazing in the system is the size of the subwoofer - it's the smallest sub I have ever seen - and it sounds completely awesome - completely out of scale for the size of the unit - here is a link http://www.richersounds.com/product/subwoofers/cambridge-audio/minx-x200/camb-minx-x200-blk - or - http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/summary.php?PID=599&Title=X200+subwoofer - this Subwoofer packs a 200Watt subwoofer in a unit less than 220mm square (ie less than 9 inches square for all the old gits like me!)

It's in mega short supply at the moment but we will have the demo system in next week and stock is trickling in now every week so if you would like to grab some just drop us a line and we will reserve you a system asap!

Here is a link to the initial T3 review http://www.t3.com/news/cambridge-audio-minx-micro-system-launches?=49319

Thanks again for the post & drop us a line or give me a call if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John - will do nearer the time as I've been very very impressed with the CA S30s I have.

One request though - couldn't make that pic a bit bigger could you? :D

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks John - will do nearer the time as I've been very very impressed with the CA S30s I have.

One request though - couldn't make that pic a bit bigger could you? :D

:o

I must be a luddite...

J

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

John - when you get a chance can you let me know what the terminals are on the back of the Minx speakers? Looks like the smaller units are spring terminals but the larger units seem to have 4mm sockets?

cheers SSE

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi sunnysoutheast.

I have had a hunt around and so far could only find a picture of the Min10's.

Min10-rear.jpg

It looks like 4mm on the rear.

As soon as I can get a hold of the Min20's I'll be back in touch.

We have yet to get stock on the Minx :( but it should be on its way soon!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.