Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knorr Season and Shake

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,494 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Lornen wrote: »
    You won't be sorry! I used chicken, parsnips, carrots and potatoes. It came out an absolute treat. Lovely stuff for a quick, mess free dinner.

Tried the rustic one tonight. Not bad, the potatoes came out really nice and soft. I'd recommend the chicken to be left in large chunks (size maybe a quarter of a fillet) to leave them juicier. Apart from the carrot and beans, I used a few mushrooms too and I reduced the amount of water used. Maybe this is a good idea too for the mediterranean one for someone who does want to use the courgettes for that one?

As you say a very handy and mess free dinner. Slice the ingredients, in the bag with a bit of water and the sauce, close the bag, shake and leave in preheated oven for 45 minutes (in a not-preheated roasting dish).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

I had the peri peri chicken one last night, nicest dinner I have had in a long time!
    (I am not a great cook!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Has anybody tried the chicken curry one yet?

ft9 wrote: »

I am literally in the process of doing the chicken curry one now ill let you know tomorrow how it went!

ft9 wrote: »

It's nice!!!

Recipe says 125ml of water I personally would bring this down to 100ml cos there is a lot of juice from the tomatoes that you put in.

I had Tesco microwave Basmati rice with this, it would have been even nicer if there was a hint of coconut off the curry.

Going to try the Mediterranean chicken this weekend but was thining of substituting the chicken with turkey breasts instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Can I ask where you bought the chicken curry season and shake? I couldn't find it in Tesco or Superquinn :confused:

I got it in Tesco? They have a special on in Dunnes as well some are only €1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Tried the Paprika chicken one for the first time tonight, NYOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Any opinions on the lamb one ? Had the med with chicken last night. Very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I've had the lemon and dill salmon one. Really really tastey.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I've had the beef one now a couple of times and its yummy, but today I forgot about it whilst it was cooking - got distracted:o, and it's not forgiving like a normal stew would be. Whilst it was still tasty, the beef was a bit crispy in places and all the sauce had gone. Will have to remember the timer the next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Try your local Polish shop. Large range of these 'season and shake' type packets from a number of makers not just Knorr. Have to say the one for spare ribs is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

Hiya,

I do love these shake and serve things but the salt content is huge. Anyone know where I could buy oven bags on their own and I'll give the spices a whirl - how hard canit be ehh??!!! I saw that glad make the oven bags but superquin/tesco dont seem to have them in stock....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Kat1170

You can get these in various sizes in Dunnes, Tesco etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

niamh4626 wrote: »
    Hiya,

I do love these shake and serve things but the salt content is huge. Anyone know where I could buy oven bags on their own and I'll give the spices a whirl - how hard canit be ehh??!!! I saw that glad make the oven bags but superquin/tesco dont seem to have them in stock....
    Well this hard... I got maggi and put it in the oven for the right time and temp.. The bag went black and disinitegrated with touch and the contents were partially stuck in some places- dominos was had

Advertisement