Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrads in UL.

Options
  • 16-11-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Postgrads, what are you at & how're you finding the work load in comparison to a degree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm in Journalism. The workload is much greater than my degree (Public Admin).

If you pick a Post Grad that you have a genuine interest in, it'll make the workload seem less!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

The workload for me seems less than it was last year to be honest! Did Mech Eng last year, honestly I had barely any spare time doing that. Doing a masters in mech eng this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I found the workload to be a lot more intense in my masters than it was in my undergraduate degree. Maybe I took my masters a lot more seriously, and didnt go out as much, and therefore it appeared that way, but I always seemed to have a list of projects/assignments/readings that I had to have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Mossin wrote: »
    Maybe I took my masters a lot more seriously, and didnt go out as much, and therefore it appeared that way, but I always seemed to have a list of projects/assignments/readings that I had to have done.

+1. I think I'm just taking it more seriously. Masters are expensive and only a year long, so there's more incentive to give them your all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Heather__Honey

I'm doing a masters in Work and Organisational Psychology. Finding the workload to be pretty much the same at the moment!

x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Doing an MSc. and the work load is more than I have ever experienced. The hours are crazy but to be honest well worth it.

We were told that we would have the largest workload and they weren't lying (easily pushing 50-60hrs a week) but the majority of stuff seems practically based. Its a small class leading to a tight group which is a bonus.

However, were all bailing out afterwards, but believe we should do even if times were good. Can't get world class skills here!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tastyboy

I'm hitting a 70 hour week the past 3 weeks! Meng Comp systems, rough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 red_scarlett34

Doing the Grad Dip in Education. It's way more intense and tougher than anything I ever did in my undergrad...

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

ME too red Scarlett. Its unbelievable pressure... I didnt sleep for 15 weeks last semester!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 red_scarlett34

Too true... I'm dreading TP!! A bit stressed out about it already .. :'(

• Advertisement
Advertisement