Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing club in portarlington

Options
  • 16-11-2010 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just recently moved to the area. Wondering is there a boxing club in Port?? My old club is a bit far away. I could ask my trainer but want to find out first before saying anything. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Don't think so, nearest 1 i think is portlaoise or kildare town but i could be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Don't think so, nearest 1 i think is portlaoise or kildare town but i could be wrong

there is one in clonbollogue and mountmellick afaik but port would be nearest. I always thought there was a club in Port but i must have been wrong. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

which one was you in before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

I've heard a rumour that a
    Boxing club is being set up in the community centre. I'll try get more info later. It would be great if there was as Port had a brill boxing club years ago.

lorweld wrote: »
    I've heard a rumour that a
    Boxing club is being set up in the community centre. I'll try get more info later. It would be great if there was as Port had a brill boxing club years ago.

iv come across it on the net but every link is broken so it must be closed. I dont want to say my club just yet as i havn said anything to my trainer, who is a respected man who has brought out some very talented boxers and dont want to fall out with him. Its taking me 40 mins to drive there now and in a 2.5ltr jeep its just not worth it. Would much rather stay with him but its not easy. It would be great if there was a club as it imo keeps discipline on some lads who need it lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 The Pump

Dusty87 wrote: »
    iv come across it on the net but every link is broken so it must be closed. I dont want to say my club just yet as i havn said anything to my trainer, who is a respected man who has brought out some very talented boxers and dont want to fall out with him. Its taking me 40 mins to drive there now and in a 2.5ltr jeep its just not worth it. Would much rather stay with him but its not easy. It would be great if there was a club as it imo keeps discipline on some lads who need it lol.

hire out a hall and set up a club yourself, Im sure you will get loads of kids to join and maybe get some help from other boxers here on this site, there used to be a club here in port but not any more, the building across from the garda shop is still the old boxing club but it fell into disrepair a good few years back, the man that lives next door to me used to be involved in the club,

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TheKid

The club in Portlaoise is very good ,its well run,good trainers and some good boxers there.Its only few min from Port and worth a try if one nearer Port doesnt work out.

Im sure if i did set one up, it would be popular. I was surprised there was none in Port to be honest. Would your neighbour be interested in starting up again??

TheKid wrote: »
    The club in Portlaoise is very good ,its well run,good trainers and some good boxers there.Its only few min from Port and worth a try if one nearer Port doesnt work out.

which would be closer to portarlington, clonbollogue or portlaoise?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 The Pump

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Im sure if i did set one up, it would be popular. I was surprised there was none in Port to be honest. Would your neighbour be interested in starting up again??

if you pm me i could link ye up for a chat, it cant hurt

• Advertisement
Advertisement