Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re Fabric

Options
  • 16-11-2010 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Hoping to go to a gig in Fabric next month but have question.

John Digweed is playing on the night as is Paul Kalkbrenner. It says "Live" after Kalbrenner's name but not after Digweeds.

Any reason for this?

Also, what's Fabric like as a club? Good atmosphere? Expensive drinks?

Thanks,

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

It means Digweed will be DJ'ing where as Kalbrenner will be playing 'live' (how live it is is obviously open to debate). A live set usually has much more of the artist's own productions where as DJ sets are more diverse.

Fabric is a really great club, one of the best I've been to. There was a really great atmosphere the night I was there anyway. Can't remember drink prices though I'm afriad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Thanks Jello,

But what's the difference between DJing and playing live? Do they not both spin records/cds?!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Drinks are cheap-ish. £6 for a vodka/coke and a beer last time I was there, and that was on their bday.

Say Paul Kalkbrenner would be full of tossers mind you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭swededmonkey

fabric is amazing, best club in europe apart from space

best memory there, about 2 years ago listening to ricardo villalobos at 12 on sunday afternoon, and room 1 still going strong.

its got a 24hr bar licence so it doesnt stop till the djs want to stop playing.

none of this 2.30 bull****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »

Say Paul Kalkbrenner would be full of tossers mind you :)

Why, cause he's relatively commercial, is it?

Jaysus, 6 pounds for a beer. Ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭DrConor

One of the best clubs in the world IMO.

I dont think pints are as much as £6, seem to remember getting change from my fiver there.

Paul Kalkbrenner, doesnt DJ only plays his own music live, with various different bits of hardware and software no doubt. Cant really see the connection between him filling the place full of tossers, no more than there would there any saturday night. Like any good big dance music club, you get them in all shapes and sizes there, freaks, geeks, kids, sleazy oul fellas, jocks, madoutofits, the odd normal person and tossers to I suppose.

Paul is very good live, digweed I am not so sure anymore. Cari Lekebusch and terry francis would be well worth checking out the night you are there

£6 for vodka and beer. Don't mean to sound like a d1ck, but if you don't know the difference between a live set and a Dj set what are you doing in Fabric? Following a Dj who made a career on the back of a film? It's little wonder the place has lost its atmosphere when nobody who goes there knows anything about music anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Don't mean to sound like a d1ck...
    Too late ;):D

The atmosphere in Fabric is enough to get anyone going, been twice myself (can't remember prices) and had the best laugh, great crowd. Went with some of my mates who admittedly wouldn't know the first thing about what goes on behind the decks but still doesn't stop them from enjoying it and enjoying it with everyone there.

Some people go to dance, some people go to listen and some just go to have a laugh, no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Live sets are where the artist will usually manipulate their tracks on the fly live and add different little bits and pieces. whereas the DJ set would just be playing him playing has favourite tracks at the moment or whatever.

Was just trying to wind you up :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement