Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kennel Dog won't go in!!

• 16-11-2010 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Bought a new plastic at the weekend. Can anyone suggest a way of getting him to use it? We took his old kennel away.

We have tried to give him treat in it with the roof off. He eats it and gets out. Put the roof back on and put a bone inside and he just pulled it out. .

Left him outside the last two nights and he would not get inside. We ended up letting him sleep inside the house. Any ideas would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Its just going to take him time to get used to it, Start giving him his meals in the kennel and he should eventually associate it with a good place:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Ok thanks, will start that from tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

having the same trouble myself with a pup even through bad weather and having tried the food option (kennel warm and has a bed [cushioned and set over newspaper) - was advised to bring another older dog around (a friend's) who loves their kennel and crepty into the one I bought for this new pup before I got it, to show it the 'way'

not sure if this helps but its what I was advised and will be doing ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

any tips to stop a pup tearing its bedding out of the kennel, i usually just put it in at night and remove first thing in the morning, but she has it nearly ruined

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

My dog did the same when he got a new kennel, i just left it and he started going in after a while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement