Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GP Card question

• 16-11-2010 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭

hey there,

Tried to renew my GP card back in august but my wages were €4.50 over weekly so it was denied, appealed as my wages fluctuate but still denied.I was living at home i'm working casually while getting JA.

Moving out start of dec and am going to re apply with new address. My question is, i can show them bank stat with rent being debited or maybe a bill from new address but if they check with social welfare my address will still be my home address.

As i'm moving only down the road i don't want to change my address for my bank, social, visa, etc as who knows if i'll be moving again. Just have the bills for the new address.

Will this be a problem??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

I hope for your sake nobody has a grudge against you because all it will take is one report that you have moved and you havent informed the SW and then your payment will be stopped and you will proberly not get it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭jillyb

is it that serious?? i have no problem telling them i moved but can i ask them to still post to my home address. by moving out it won't affect my payment so i hope they won't mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

jillyb wrote: »
    is it that serious?? i have no problem telling them i moved but can i ask them to still post to my home address. by moving out it won't affect my payment so i hope they won't mind.

Well as your circumstances will have changed by moving they may means test you again and if there will be others living in the new place with you they will defo means test you, they will proberly send an officer out to he house to prove that you are living there, and as for sending your mail to a different address i cant really see them agreeing to this.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I know its a pain, but you should really move everything to your new address. Although you know its easier to have important mail sent to a solid home address, the Social Welfare folks will see it as suspicious and it could raise problems in the future.

Advertisement