Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uploading files into web host

Options
  • 16-11-2010 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

OK so this is probably a really rookie thing to ask but I registered a domain with register365 and I have all the files designed using Smultron but i can't for the life of me figure out how to connect the two. Really hoping I can get some help here. It's probably easy but I've never done it before. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Freddio

Hi

register365 would have sent you an email with the details to log on to the control panel. When logged onto the control panel you can create an FTP account which is the server / username / password to log on to your webspace using FTP client (cyberduck for MACs is a good one).

when you have connected to your webspace there will be a folder called something like wwwroot or public_html -> you put your files in there

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

We don't allow web-host specific questions on this forum, the hosting companies have tech support departments for that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement