Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question RE Jobseekers Benefit and contract work.

• 17-11-2010 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

As per FAQ thread:
    Voluntarily Left Employment
    A person may be disqualified for receiving Jobseeker's Benefit or Jobseeker's Allowance for up to 9 weeks from the date of leaving employment if they left the employment voluntarily and without just cause. Social Welfare can and do check with previous employers to see why someone was left go.
    Also, A person may be disqualified from receipt of JB or JA for up to 9 weeks where they have lost their employment through their own misconduct.

The question I have is this. I'm presently working at the moment. My contract is up in a month or two's time. If I decide not to renew it (I'm on 3 month contracts at the moment and they are usually renewed for another 3 months on the date they expire), does this mean I'll have to wait 9 weeks before I can claim Jobseekers Benefit (stamps) or can I claim these straight away from the date my contract expires and I choose not to renew it?

Also, on Jobseekers Benefit (stamps), is it true that I would be eligible for back to education allowance after 6 months on it? I currently have a masters and am thinking of going back to do another post graduate 12 month course next September and this would save me paying the fees involved in it. Unethical I know but I really don't have 6 grand to spare to pay for post graduate course and with travel expenses and pay at the moment it's barely worth my while working.

Thanks in advance,

looder

Advertisement