Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards blocked in work :(

• 17-11-2010 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

First smiley face I have ever used. Savage.

Yeah well the bastards have blocked it, after google its my biggest reference point for answers to all sorts of ****. And also for talking all sorts of ****.

Anyone know of any proxy's or anything I could use to get around this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

If you can use your phone-just use m.boards!

Oh,and hate that! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

www.hidemyass.com

I use this to get on to the pirate bay (to borrow torrents ) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

time to find a new job my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

niallo24 wrote: »

Yeah well the bastards have blocked it, after google its my biggest reference point for answers to all sorts of ****. And also for talking all sorts of ****.

If you have access to the boses pc i can help you, quick fix without changing a setting on his pc, he wouldn even know u were there.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

m.boards.ie on your pc works

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

At least you have a job. Be thankful for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

bonerm wrote: »
    time to find a new job my friend.

Time to go postal I think you mean...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

imagine they want you to work rather than p1ssing away their paid time on boards.ie ...

hmmmm :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

sligopark wrote: »
    imagine they want you to work rather than p1ssing away their paid time on boards.ie ...

hmmmm :rolleyes:

Imagine he comes on here looking for a solution to his blocked internet and some wet blanket gets on his high horse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

just wait till you get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

I hear the dole office are pretty permissive about what websites you view...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭AnonymousPrime

Actually, I have always wondered why so many companies allow it. It seems to be allowed by default on most net filters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sort something out with the lads in IT.
    Realy, in most companies the lads in IT spend more time on boards then anyone else

I used to run a lotto syndicate in work
    www.lotto.ie got blocked as it was a gambling site :rolleyes:

Strangely the Racing Post site wasn't blocked as the IT people would use it

They have too much power godammit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Actually, I have always wondered why so many companies allow it. It seems to be allowed by default on most net filters

I'd be of the opinion that as long as any work that needs to be done gets done then for the rest of the time it's better to have an employee entertaining themselves than just have them sitting there getting bored and demoralised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

I'd be of the opinion that as long as any work that needs to be done gets done then for the rest of the time it's better to have an employee entertaining themselves than just have them sitting there getting bored and demoralised.

wasn't that the same excuse recently for a cork dj?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I would agree. And when you have people working non stop constantly for hours on end, inevitably stupid errors arise. Staff need breaks

Some people smoke, I don't
    Other head off to buy coffee, I hate coffee

So I'll take the odd few minutes on boards. No more and no less then the other people on breaks

Tis only fair
    I used to play the martyr and answer the phones while the smokers disappeared. No more, I never once got thanks for doing it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

That's terrible news OP.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

www.hidemyass.com

I use this to get on to the pirate bay (to borrow torrents ) :pac:

GatePortal.com is another one, with a less conspicuous name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Mozoltov!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Realy, in most companies the lads in IT spend more time on boards then anyone else

Don't forget to bring cake just to show them it wasn't a lie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

In a Decent IT department you just get your own broadband line. I have a 20mb, 12mb and two 8mb lines to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Cheers for the advise in this particularly stressful time, unfortunately none of the filter avoider websites are not blocked either. M. Boards.ie doesn't work either.

BASTARDS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Cheers for the advise in this particularly stressful time, unfortunately none of the filter avoider websites are not blocked either. M. Boards.ie doesn't work either.

BASTARDS!

Er the above was written on my phone by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

BASTARDS!

Had a similar problem in a previous place of employment

Just to note it was in the internet policy of the place of employment that you could be fired for usnig a proxy to get around the blocking software

try www.face.boards.ie that used to work for me, not sure if it is still active in the same way though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,274 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Boards.ie was quoted in my termination...

I suggest you don't try to bypass it and do some work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭CandleLight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Yeah well the bastards have blocked it ...

I'm with the employers on this one. It's their policy and it's not unreasonable so get used to it. If you feel strongly enough about it then speak to them about it instead of whinging about them and insulting them.

Having said that, you'll probably have to use some sort of SSH tunnel or personal VPN connection (running on port 80 or 443) to get around the restrictions as any common proxy services will be blocked. If you're not sure how to set this up then just ask your friendly IT guy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I hear the dole office are pretty permissive about what websites you view...

No fair, my one won't even let me use their computers! :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Go to http://www.ixquick.com/, type in www.boards.ie in the search bar, press enter to get your search results and under the www.boards.ie 'hit' there is an option to enter via proxy, select this.

This should work for any website, you may have image issues but such is life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

slave1 wrote: »
    Go to http://www.ixquick.com/, type in www.boards.ie in the search bar, press enter to get your search results and under the www.boards.ie 'hit' there is an option to enter via proxy, select this.

This should work for any website, you may have image issues but such is life.

That probablly won't work in this case.

ixquick-proxy.com and all its varianta will be blocked by any basic content filter as will all the usual anonymizer/proxy sites.

Advertisement