Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv out of sync?

Options
  • 17-11-2010 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

i asked this in another forum but got no reply so i thought i would put it here. mods please dont move it as it is sort a consumer issue as it probably will have to be returned

1) can a tv be out of sync?
    2) if a tv and recorder are plugged into the one ariel is it possible the tv gets less channels than the dvd recorder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

These are not consumer issues, they are technical issues to do with TV. There are several very hot TV guys lurking around the 'Terrestrial' corner of the Cable & Digital TV forum, that's where you need to ask those questions.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=56

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

coylemj wrote: »
    These are not consumer issues, they are technical issues to do with TV. There are several very hot TV guys lurking around the 'Terrestrial' corner of the Cable & Digital TV forum, that's where you need to ask those questions.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=56

I asked there before

People on here might have had the same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Bob Z wrote: »
    I asked there before

People on here might have had the same problem

So might the people on the Creative Writing forum, maybe you could try them next if you have no luck here!

coylemj wrote: »
    So might the people on the Creative Writing forum, maybe you could try them next if you have no luck here!

There is often threads on here about people leaving back tvs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

let me see , do the tvs 'see' channels with sound but no picture...or maybe a scatter of radio channels and no tv chanels.

Are these TVs less than 2 years old??

Who sold them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is this a case of two TV receivers out of sync with each other, or the video and audio on either receiver being out of sync? If it's the latter, than that sounds like a problem with the TV. If it's the former, then yes, two different receiver/decoders could have different delays in processing and displaying the signal.

If the audio and video are in sync on both devices, then there is no issue you can address here.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    let me see , do the tvs 'see' channels with sound but no picture...or maybe a scatter of radio channels and no tv chanels.

Are these TVs less than 2 years old??

Who sold them?
    its one tv it has most of the digital freeview stations but not all. the ones it doesn't get are sky 3, sky news, e4+1 and sometimes e4 and one or two others

There is no picture or sound but occaisionally you can see them trying to 'break through'

jor el wrote: »
    Is this a case of two TV receivers out of sync with each other, or the video and audio on either receiver being out of sync? If it's the latter, than that sounds like a problem with the TV. If it's the former, then yes, two different receiver/decoders could have different delays in processing and displaying the signal.

If the audio and video are in sync on both devices, then there is no issue you can address here.

thanks for the reply but not sure what you mean. it goes out of sync occaisionally and i dont think it happens on bbc or rte sometimes its pretty noiticeable a character will speak but his lips won't move.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Bob Z wrote: »
    its one tv it has most of the digital freeview stations but not all. the ones it doesn't get are sky 3, sky news, e4+1 and sometimes e4 and one or two others

There is no picture or sound but occaisionally you can see them trying to 'break through'
    Sounds like the freeview box is having difficulty in unencrypting these channels?

the_syco wrote: »
    Sounds like the freeview box is having difficulty in unencrypting these channels?

The tv has freeveiw built into it. The guy from the shop reckons our ariel is at fault but the dvd recorder is able to pick up the same stations

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

TV sales people wouldn't have a clue about aerials. It's not possible for the audio and video to go out of sync because of the aerial. It's the TV's digital decoder. Would this be a Samsung TV? I've seen that on one already, and it can be very noticeable at times.

The TV doesn't work properly, possibly because of a design fault. It probably can't be fixed, but you'll want to go back to the shop about this ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

If the audio and video are out of sync on a digital channel then it's the decoder that's at fault. It obviously could also have been encoded like that (this isn't likely of course), but it certainly isn't the aerial.

These are all UK channels, what region are you in Bob ??....and do you get Welsh spillover or NI spillover, sky3 is on a com mux with a weaker signal than bbc1 on psb mux ...is one explanation.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    These are all UK channels, what region are you in Bob ??....and do you get Welsh spillover or NI spillover, sky3 is on a com mux with a weaker signal than bbc1 on psb mux ...is one explanation.

I'm in Donegal. If I get another would I have the same problem I wonder?

I'd say a bit of an amp would boost the signal from Brougher or Limavady and you would be OK then. Does it show the Irish channels ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Always put an amp at aerial end, not TV end, and about 1m to 2m away from the Aerial to avoid feedback

Advertisement