Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The XBox Elite

• 17-11-2010 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

My Xbox of 2006 decided tonight to give me an E74 error. Tried the towel trick,no avail. tried stopping the two fans,no avail. Feck it,tomorrow i'll treat myself to the new black one
    Where is the best place to buy one and also,how will i be able to access Xbox live if all my account info is on my other xbox?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Check all over for the best deals, internet and bricks & mortar stores.

You can use a USB stick to transfer savegames/profiles and you can use the License Migration tool to transfer old downloaded content to your new console. You can use the Recover Gamertag to recover your Xbox Live gamertag to the new console too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭May Feign

cheers
    how can i t/fer stuff from my old xbox if it doesnt switch on proper (it does but it just gives me a screen where it says error e74)

You can get a transfer kit to do that, a shop might even offer it as a service.

Or you might consider buying a 4GB Xbox 360 slim then buy a 360 Slim Hard Drive case for $10 off the internet. Take your hard drive out of it's old case, put it in the new case and put that into your new console. No need to transfer anything, but you should transfer your licenses for downloaded content using the License Migration tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭May Feign

cheers for the info. bought the 250gb elite from xtravision for 249,got fifa 11 free with it. i needed to d/l all the mw2 map packs again though but luckily they were free as i had d/l them before

Don't forget to use the License Migration Tool on xbox.com or else even though you downloaded all your downloaded content for free you will have to be signed in to xbox live to use them, unlike your old console where any user online or offline could play your arcade games/use your maps/etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement