Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cominc/ Superhero Games

Options
  • 17-11-2010 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

I've always been a fan of superhero games. Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro was the one that really got me going on it. Although I really enjoy them, I don't play them all that often. Lately, I've been on a bit of a buzz though- Batman:AA, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, X-Men Origins: Wolverine. All was going well untill a few days ago when I unwittingly bought Iron Man 2... Yes, it was that bad!

Anyways, just wondering what the best comic games out there are, and what ones to totally avoid. Are there any real Gems that might go unnoticed?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is excellent. Made by the guys that made Prototype and funnily enough playes very like prototype.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Ah i remember when i first bought a multitap for my Playstation (1) and rented out fantastic four for it. Spent 2 days with my mates playing it, fantastic fun. probably doesn't translate well into todays games though :)

Have gone and found a video so you can all laugh at my innocence (not me playing here)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I absolutely love Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. It's not a brilliant game, the combat is a bit samey and the levels aren't up to much, but it's got a great range of superheroes and villains to play and keeps pretty faithful to them. Plus it lets you play out the Civil War story arc, where heroes split into two groupd and fought each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I love these games! The only problem is they are usually abysmal!

Spiderman 1 & 2 on the Playstation. I never bothered with 3.
    Spiderman and Venom:Maximum Carnage on the SNES, simply deadly game. Used to rent it out and play it at a mates house, we used to rent it nearly every week. Could never find it to buy though.
    Batman: AA. One of the best and most engrossing games I've played in a long, long time! Still regularly play it, which is saying something for me, as I either finish them one, or get bored, but can never part with them.
    Hope to pick up Shattered Dimensions in a while, when the price goes down.
    Cannot wait for Arkham City!

Advertisement