Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Login problem!

Options
  • 17-11-2010 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

I have had a problem with logging into wow today. When i try to log in this error message comes up; "There was a problem logging in with this account. You may not have a World of Warcraft game attached to your account, or you may be logging into a region different from the one you created the account in"

I've just copied over the Program files from another machine that I was using last week (upgraded my laptop). Any ideas? It seems to have occurred a few times to other people too, judging by the forums. No answer yet though.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I have had a problem with logging into wow today. When i try to log in this error message comes up; "There was a problem logging in with this account. You may not have a World of Warcraft game attached to your account, or you may be logging into a region different from the one you created the account in"

I've just copied over the Program files from another machine that I was using last week (upgraded my laptop). Any ideas? It seems to have occurred a few times to other people too, judging by the forums. No answer yet though.

I know the account administration servers were going down between 3 & 5am this morning , possibly they went early?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

It seems to be an issue with the latest update. Changing the Realm files in Data to US instead of EU. Obviously no word from Blizz yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

In your WOW install folder, the WTF folder there, there's the config.wtf file - open it in notepad or something and see if you have similar lines to the following somewhere in there...

SET locale "enGB"
    SET patchlist "enGB.patch.battle.net:1119/patch"

If it's set to enUS.whatever then you've probably installed some addon or suite which had a config.wtf file from someone on an American realm. Just change them if so to the above and try again.

There's also a "realmlist.wtf" file in your Wow install folder, located in Data/enGB and within that file should be the following lines...

set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
    set patchlist enGB.patch.battle.net:1119/patch
    set realmlistbn ""
    set portal eu

So just make sure you've not set things inadvertently to enUS or something by mistake or otherwise.

That's all I could suggest anyway now myself or just wait for Blizzard to help you out (best to ring them tbh if you can get through).

Thanks for the advice. Was just on to Blizz. Have to redownload the game client. Now looking forward to taking ages to reconfigure all addons and keybinds etc :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Try doing what the previous poster suggested before you go redownloading the whole client. My directory is like 27gb now.

• Advertisement

Yeah I did try it first. No luck. Still dl'ing the client now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 UberGeneration

maybe run the repair tool or just wait for a quick hotfix from blizzard! :)

Advertisement