Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVENT : A&M Beers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

I love the snow and I think it's brilliant fun, but not when you have to travel in it >.<

I think we should postpone the meet too. It's just too dodgy if we head in and buses are cancelled again and it'll be next to impossible to get a taxi home.

Disappointed, but nothing much we can do about it!

I think everyone should go into their back gardens tomorrow evening and build an anime character out of snow to make up for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Awesome idea! I'm brainstorming ideas for my anime snow character now :D

Yea, there was an hour and a half wait for taxis from the city centre at 5pm yesterday :( I love snow too but it's ruining too many plans atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Hotaru wrote: »
    Awesome idea! I'm brainstorming ideas for my anime snow character now :D

Yea, there was an hour and a half wait for taxis from the city centre at 5pm yesterday :( I love snow too but it's ruining too many plans atm!

Oh well,

I propose we each grab a hair dryer and do our part to to end this weather. We will be helping the Irish economy too by paying electricity bills :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

With too many public transport nightmares possible, it's a good idea to postpone this until at least next week, depending on how long it takes all this white ****e to melt...

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

So is this officially cancelled? Was all set to end up in town around this time and all, hopefully make it next week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I am afraid so. It is a pity because I was really looking forward to it. So are we up for having the meet next Friday?

I am afraid so. It is a pity because I was really looking forward to it. So are we up for having the meet next Friday?

I was quite excited myself. This lousey weather has ruined lots of plans this week....ah well at least it's pretty. I am up for next Friday though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Reschedule to next Friday, same time & plans so?

Sounds good to me - I'll edit the date in the title.

Kewelies \m/

• Advertisement

Oh crap if the meet is going ahead this Friday I can't make it to Yama but I can meet you for drinks afterwards as I finish work at 9. Just becareful of the ice as it might be still around.

Oh crap if the meet is going ahead this Friday I can't make it to Yama but I can meet you for drinks afterwards as I finish work at 9. Just becareful of the ice as it might be still around.

To bad...oh well, I will have to eat double now I guess.....such a chore. Om nom nom :p

Yeah I can't make the dinner either but I'll be out after!!

Yeah I can't make the dinner either but I'll be out after!!

Never tried for triple before.... Oh well, first time for everything! Maybe not om nom nom though as much as om nom bleugh!

To bad...oh well, I will have to eat double now I guess.....such a chore. Om nom nom :p

Well I will be there for drinks so no need to drink for two.:P

Well I will be there for drinks so no need to drink for two.:P

.....foiled again :(

Yeah can't make food but will be there for drinks definitely (:

I think we'll scrap the food idea and just go with drinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Sounds good! Porterhouse nassau street, yeah?

gearoidof wrote: »
    Sounds good! Porterhouse nassau street, yeah?

I suggested the Porterhouse solely for the Parliament Street option!!!!!

• Advertisement

I suggested the Porterhouse solely for the Parliament Street option!!!!!

I have heard this mentioned as a reason a few times. What makes the parliament street option more appealing?

It's less loud, filthy and overcrowded than the Nassau St one.

Pick a venue quickly anyway, this IS tomorrow...

So, where's this on?

I won't be able to make it ;_;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Konata wrote: »

Ditching your own forum's meetup?

They let anyone be a mod these days.

Konata wrote: »

Don't be so down. It happens :) I am sure there will be other beers and Pygmalion a little harsh maybe? Just incase the domino affect starts happening I will be going tomorrow. Look for the guy with the gas mask :p.

I am going to the Porterhouse on Parliament Street since that seems to be what people want. I may need someone to show me where it is though....any volunteers?

Tell ya what, I'll be there around 9.30pm-ish, if anyone's a little lost/unsure what to be doing I'll hang around outside for about 10mins and we can go in together (:

Here's a map (:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Just in case the domino effect starts happening

Well, it must be starting. If no-one's else going for food, then I'm going to stay at home - and go out with the family to Waga's Blanch for my sister's birthday.

• Advertisement

So who IS going?

Advertisement