Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange creatures

Options
  • 17-11-2010 3:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

in june 1990 i saw the strangest thing ever....
    i wasn't drunk or on drugs or insane.... two "creatures ?" on a rooftop in a Dublin housing estate.... thats the short version of the story....
    anybody anything similar ? or maybe i am insane !

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

could you at least describe what they looked like

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

perhaps the long version of the story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

wolflark wrote: »
    in june 1990 i saw the strangest thing ever....
    i wasn't drunk or on drugs or insane.... two "creatures ?" on a rooftop in a Dublin housing estate.... thats the short version of the story....
    anybody anything similar ? or maybe i am insane !
    I'd be interested to hear the full story, what age where you, where there any other witness?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Interested too, would be cool if the OP signs in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 wolflark

thanks for replies.... i was nineteen at the time.... unfortunatly no other witnesses.... it was about 2.30 in the morning.... they were both about 5 foot tall, completly covered in black hair. they were skinny like gibbons, but their heads were more like dogs, with long snouts.... their eyes were the size of eggs and completly white.... they came down from the rooftop and stood about 8 feet from me on top of a garage.... i ran across the field to my house, and for a short while they followed, making noises much like a young girl laughing.... i actually soiled myself as i ran.... the next day i went back over with my dad and my dog.... my dog sniffed around but would not go any closer to where i had saw them....

i dont fully expect to be believed, but it certainly happened....
    WOLFLARK....

• Advertisement

Bit signsy?

Thanks for posting. Is there definitely no way that these were humans in costume?

i have often thought about the "humans in costumes" thingy, but if you had of seen the way they climbed and jumped from the roof, it was a bit impossible.... dont get me wrong, i'm not suggesting aliens, but defo not any animal i've ever seen before....

I was just googling the description you outlined. Seems there's something similar in British and Irish folklore about 'fairy dogs'. Strangely enough, when I was a kid one of my fears was tall standing up-right dogs in humanoid form.

cheers rasmus.... must google "fairy dogs" never heard of that....
    it was a strange experience alright, but one i'm kinda glad to have had....
    and if i'm not believed, i dont really mind, because i know it happened....
    glad i put in out there on boards anyway.... we all need to keep an open mind....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Possible a sighting of the infamous Chupacabra!?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Or the "mothmen"

Btw, thanks OP. I read this thread last night before going to sleep and dreamt that someone dug nails into my back while screaming like a weird child. I woke up still feeling that sensation! :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Wow, freaky story. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

It this something like what you saw?
    154439_112243638843014_100001721342700_74983_749404_n.jpg

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

Unless there were some Barbary Apes running around the midlands ..... then again it may have been some locals.

OP, could you elaborate on the way they moved - you mentioned that they jumped on the roof I think, unlike any human or animal... that's very interesting.

On seconds thoughts perhaps it was a TROLL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I sincerely hope i never come across that thing in the photo one night :eek:

I sincerely hope i never come across that thing in the photo one night :eek:

A gibbon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Eh..yep, i guess so. Happy to reiterate i do not want to meet a gibbon on my way home some night :o Especially with eyes like those

• Advertisement

Especially two of them, laughing like girls : O

What about this OP?

Seriously, Im as skeptical as the next man but when we start using "flying brown bears in a Dublin housing estate" as a more rational excuse than ghosts I think the skeptics are a bit more outlandish than the paranormal claimants. The same goes for escaped Barbary Apes (not gibbons) in the Dublin burbs.

Grimes wrote: »
    Seriously, Im as skeptical as the next man but when we start using "flying brown bears in a Dublin housing estate" as a more rational excuse than ghosts I think the skeptics are a bit more outlandish than the paranormal claimants. The same goes for escaped Barbary Apes (not gibbons) in the Dublin burbs.

The pic above was to see how similar what the OP saw was to a bear. I have been searching the internet for creatures of his description and can't find anything. I don't think the creatures were ghost related, but indeed scarier and creepier!

thanks for all replies....
    in regards to bears, gibbons, baboons or barb apes....
    i am aware of these animals and trust me guys, none of the above.
    this things were very thin and really agile, certainly like the gibbons i've seen in zoos.... but the head was completely different to gibbons....
    their necks were also quite long (no ET jokes please)
    anyway you cant fake **** in your pants, ask my loving mother who had to wash them !
    i'm still genuine interested in any opinions....
    wrecking my head for the past 20 years....
    Wolflark

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I was talking to someone about this story last night as part of a wider story. She proceeded to tell me a story about what she called "treehead"

Similar type of story except she was indoors at the time and treehead was at her window on the top floor of her house. Happened on regular occurrence. Although when she recalled the story it was difficult to ascertain if it was of the result of sleep paralysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Cú Sídhe?

Not saying I believe your story or anything, but it's interesting none the less.

faceman wrote: »
    I was talking to someone about this story last night as part of a wider story. She proceeded to tell me a story about what she called "treehead"

Similar type of story except she was indoors at the time and treehead was at her window on the top floor of her house. Happened on regular occurrence. Although when she recalled the story it was difficult to ascertain if it was of the result of sleep paralysis.

Any more infor on this,what age is the person now,where abouts (county. rural/urban) did they see this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

OP, you say they were like dogs but sung like little girls?

They could have been the mysterious Wolflark.

Grimes wrote: »
    Any more infor on this,what age is the person now,where abouts (county. rural/urban) did they see this?

Shes 30 now. It hasnt happen in 12 years. She said it first happened when she was 8, then 13, then 18. She recorded the dates of each occasion and it always happened on 5 year intervals, to the day.

Basically, she recalls when it happened first time, she heard a tapping on her bedroom window at night (top floor of a 2 storey house) and opening the curtains and seeing the face. She described the face as being disfigured but looking "tree like". She said the most striking features being the eyes. Deep eye sockets staring at her. And tapping at the glass. It repeated itself when she was 13 and 18, all events followed the same pattern.

It happened in Tramore, Waterford where she grew up, it hasnt happned since moving to Dublin, although she says she suffers with recurring weekly nightmares about a treelike claw being in her bedroom, hovering above her. She often jumps out of bed with fright, and after a few moments the feeling dissapates. The nightmare and feeling of a prescence in her room does sound like sleep paralysis.

However its difficult to ascertain if the events when she was younger was sleep paralysis, because as i said above, she recalls opening the curtains and was awake at the time.

I have family in Tramore myself and the town is rife with stories, hauntings. I have often heard tale of a horseman who roams the darker streets and have had family members experience it too.

• Advertisement

Just putting this out there:
    In regard to both experiences mentioned in the thread, it's possible that certain things we see are not necessarily what we think we see.

It's been speculated (especially with accounts of supposed alien abduction) that the brain rationalizes things it sees if the subject is unrecognisable, or doesn't make sense.
    For instance, some people have reported seeing a barking dog at night, when it turns out that they were actually 'abducted' and may have seen an alien, according to their account. .
    It's a coping mechanism when we experience fear or confusion. This kind of experience has also been reported during particularly traumatic events.
    Nothing to cite, sorry, just referring to articles, programmes and books I've read in the past.

Now, I can't imagine how this would have happened with the weird creatures on the roof, or the tree creature, as why would these people see such odd things if they were trying to rationalize?

It's just something to think about, that maybe what they saw is something related to this phenomenon, and that what was witnessed could even have been something weirder?

On a paranormal note, the tree creature would probably be considered to be an 'Elemental', an earth-bound spirit/creature otherwise known as a goblin. I've read a bit about them on paranormal sites.

Advertisement