Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange creatures

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I agree that the escaped monkey explanation is quite ridiculous and very unlikely. But I do think the demon explanation is far more ridiculous and unlikely!

Considering it happened 20 years ago, OPs memory of the event will inevitably be clouded and not the most reliable (no offence meant to the OP).

EDIT: Actually, after looking over the OPs posting history, I do start to think it may have been trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Yeah, we're going go by a story someone has told. It probably never happened. But I am really intrigued by creatures sightings when there is a "flap" and a whole lot of different people report seeing the same thing. Like the Mothman flap of 1966.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Turquoise1 wrote: »
    I think, it happened around where the lead mines are but I am not 100% on that. I have heard other stories about this place over the years, about weird lights and people dancing around bonfires at Halloween. Never seen anything up there myself thou.

Not all that surprising when you think about it. Anything deprived of sunlight and fresh air enough can turn white so it could have been any sort of animal that decided to spend most of its time in the mines. Cool story though.
    Grimes wrote: »
    In all fairness the OP is a Troll ... the event never actually happened :eek:

Unfortunately it figured as much from the get-go. You can always tell the fake stories by the lack of promised pictures or the clearly misinformed stories by the cause of missing glasses :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Missing glasses?
    I wear glasses dude - I am not blind.

You werent there, so your opinion means nothing. Ill say it again, come back to me when you experience something that you cant explain. Then you can judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Oh dear...is this thread still going....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

dellas1979 wrote: »
    . Ill say it again, come back to me when you experience something that you cant explain. Then you can judge.

If I cant explain an experience that has happened to me its because I am not educated in the area to know what caused the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

wolflark wrote: »
    hi....
    sorry havent been around (wasnt abducted)
    will defo scan and put up picture monday or tuesday....
    by the way DELLOS 1979.... very much like what i saw !

and also.... WOLFLARK is not some kind of pun or joke on what i saw....
    it's just an anagram of my real name....

Ah Hah!
    Mr F. L. Arklow you are revealed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

If I cant explain an experience that has happened to me its because I am not educated in the area to know what caused the experience.

Exactly. Not many people know a lot about demons or the spirit world. They might think they're looking at a troop of baboons.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

090623-manbearpig.jpg
    ???

loldog wrote: »
    Exactly. Not many people know a lot about demons or the spirit world. They might think they're looking at a troop of baboons.

I think your missing my point.

• Advertisement

Paranormal means something out of the ordinary.

Why are you guys on here taking the mick in the PARAnormal forum?

I think its kind of mean and indecent of ye to type some of the things ye did.

Fair enough if you have an argument against it, or whatever, but taking the mick and contributing nothing is very low. And if the OP is a troll, fair enough, but some people are actually contributing interesting things to this thread.

I know what caused the experience. There was something weird looking in the window. What it was, I dont know. Doesnt mean I need to educated myself to understand what I saw. I know what I saw, but I cannot explain it. And that my dear, is paranormal.

The OP is a troll, its the paranormal forum not the make up crazy stories forum and then scientifically discuss them. When you have been in the paranormal long enough you get to identify the crazy fairly early and this thread is chocked full of crazy.

Ive been on paranormal investigations for many years, done radio interviews and given talks. Im pretty sure I know what the paranormal is .... dear.

The OP is a troll, its the paranormal forum not the make up crazy stories forum and then scientifically discuss them. When you have been in the paranormal long enough you get to identify the crazy fairly early and this thread is chocked full of crazy.

Ive been on paranormal investigations for many years, done radio interviews and given talks. Im pretty sure I know what the paranormal is .... dear.

Im not talking about the OP - if he is a troll, fair enough. But some people did contribute links/opinions/comments in this thread, and they are valid.

Who are you to call people's opinions/comments etc crazy? You have some cheek. Just because you dont believe or experience what I said, dont be a bully about it. And your final comment? I dont care what paranormal experience you have - you could live with the banshee for all I care.

Just because you claim to have honours in paranomal research doesnt mean you know more about it to the next person. So stop being so cocky about it.

Just because you claim to have honours in paranomal research doesnt mean you know more about it to the next person. So stop being so cocky about it.

I didnt claim to know more than anyone else, I was slighty offended by your patronising "dear" comment and decided to inform you that I have some experience in this area.

Its quite clear that continuing this line of conversation would be like talking to a brick wall that believes in anything without question and you seem to be the sole judge of what is a valid comment in this thread ie: that which supports your point of view.

Also what is this about what you experienced, as far as I can tell this is about Wolflark's experience and your name is dellas1979.

Finally I wasnt calling anyone crazy, I said you get to be able to identify the crazy not the crazies indicating crazy as a concept and not as an individual. But of course I stand to be attacked because I dont share your point of view possibly because Im not "open minded".

edit: also the OP is a troll and I dont see how an entire conversation has started based on the "experience" of a blatant troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Missing glasses?
    I wear glasses dude - I am not blind.

You werent there, so your opinion means nothing. Ill say it again, come back to me when you experience something that you cant explain. Then you can judge.

Claiming superiority of opinion, making unprecidented statements of authority; not judging you dude just saying, these are classic 'arguments' of someone without an argument. The whole story is too convenient yet at the same time not convenient enough. You say you hadn't your glasses on at the time so can't be sure of what you saw exactly, yet you are somewhere deadly sure that it was something supernatural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Hey OP where is your scan of the creature :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭gondorff

sketchoritdidnthappen.jpg

GodlessM wrote: »
    Claiming superiority of opinion, making unprecidented statements of authority; not judging you dude just saying, these are classic 'arguments' of someone without an argument. The whole story is too convenient yet at the same time not convenient enough. You say you hadn't your glasses on at the time so can't be sure of what you saw exactly, yet you are somewhere deadly sure that it was something supernatural.

I wear glasses - Im not blind. Surprise - I can still see without glasses you know.

I saw something I couldnt/still cant explain with a rational explanation. The monkey theory could happen, but is 99% unlikely, unless you can prove that a monkey was roaming through the Irish countryside.

I know what I saw, and I cant explain it. It was completely out of the ordinary.

I didnt claim to know more than anyone else, I was slighty offended by your patronising "dear" comment and decided to inform you that I have some experience in this area.

Its quite clear that continuing this line of conversation would be like talking to a brick wall that believes in anything without question and you seem to be the sole judge of what is a valid comment in this thread ie: that which supports your point of view.

Also what is this about what you experienced, as far as I can tell this is about Wolflark's experience and your name is dellas1979.

Finally I wasnt calling anyone crazy, I said you get to be able to identify the crazy not the crazies indicating crazy as a concept and not as an individual. But of course I stand to be attacked because I dont share your point of view possibly because Im not "open minded".

edit: also the OP is a troll and I dont see how an entire conversation has started based on the "experience" of a blatant troll.

I dont care the OP is a troll. Other people contributed to this post - have a look yourself. You are undermining people with your ****ty attitude. Me calling you dear? How does it feel to be patronised? Because thats what you did to me and other people who posted in here. I told my story and because you deem it as crap and the OP a troll, we must bend over and take it? Whats your problem like? Stay out of the thread for goodness sake.

• Advertisement

I saw something I couldnt/still cant explain with a rational explanation. The monkey theory could happen, but is 99% unlikely, unless you can prove that a monkey was roaming through the Irish countryside.

I am entitled to an opinion and that opinion is that you are so set on beliving that there is a paranormal reason for what you saw you are offended by suggestions to the contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

I still think it was King Kong's long lost Gaelic cousin...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

hi all,
    Just started thinking about those weird creatures today, and while I'm not trying to bump this thread, but in case anyone wanted to see the OP's sketch, it is here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75089761

That just gave me a right olde fright!

V v v v similar to what I saw. :eek:

That just gave me a right olde fright!

V v v v similar to what I saw. :eek:

Oh man! Maybe some things are better left in the back of your memory. It was your story that stayed with me actually, it seemed creepier.. sorry!!

Rasmus wrote: »
    Oh man! Maybe some things are better left in the back of your memory. It was your story that stayed with me actually, it seemed creepier.. sorry!!

To be honest, it is something that I remember from time to time anyways, as Ive never been able to explain it.

To be honest, it is something that I remember from time to time anyways, as Ive never been able to explain it.
    Do you mind if I ask where it happened? (Just so I can worry about it in case I live there).

Mid-west (Tipperary) :)

Ok, kinda relieved :) So, so wierd, I've heard nothing like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,804 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Had they bicycles?

Advertisement