Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange creatures

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Why are you quoting something from ages ago (perhaps years) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭jessabell88

Lol I think the only question that should be on the table here is why you appear to have an attitude problem about it. Whatever. later!

Lol I think the only question that should be on the table here is why you appear to have an attitude problem about it. Whatever. later!

I have no idea what is going on here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭jessabell88

I think you if you really believe it to be odd then thats your own issue.Goodbye.

I think you if you really believe it to be odd then thats your own issue.Goodbye.

??

• Advertisement

Just a thing with regards trying to identify creatures at night. Myself and 4 other boardsies were at the Hellfire club one night. At the bottom whilst waiting for our lift and animal walked up to us about 15 feet away. We all couldnt agree if it was a cat or a dog. This was from 15 feet. One of us even said badger.

I posted about this years ago and even threw it out to the Animal and pets forum given the description. It did move like a cat but was too big to be a cat. It was a dog.
    Now if the same thing happened to us and we were in Africa, i would say it was a Hyena, because it looked like a Hyena. Obviously it wasnt.

Ramfada might remember this.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BlueValkyrie

Just a thing with regards trying to identify creatures at night.

On identifying animals late at night (somewhat OT) - I was once in Transylvania (yes really) and myself and a friend had got separated from a group due to some mysterious fog that appeared from nowhere really quickly (again, yes really), in an isolated area, up the mountains, where we had veered off the road to have a drink and watch a meteor shower in some fields in the middle of a wooded area. The fog came in literally in the space of a minute or two - it went from a really clear night to can't see your own hand in front of your face in a couple of minutes.

The fog had started to lift when we started to hear a bell, like a hand bell. Weird, we thought. Then we realised that it was getting closer, gradually. The fog is still fairly dense, so we're reluctant to move off, because visibility is so poor, but it's getting clearer by the minute, so we start to move. The bell is still drawing closer. We ducked down behind a fallen tree, and looked across the field towards the sound, which is sounding ever closer. Both of us freeze, because we can see what looks like the silhouette of a figure in a hooded robe coming towards us, complete with the bell sound closing in. We're both frozen to the spot - afraid to breathe. We really thought an evil monk ghost creature or maybe Death himself had come for us.

It gets closer and closer, until such time as we can see it clearly and realise that it's a horse. With a bell around its neck. Then the field is full of horses - don't know where they came from, so it's mildly creepy, but still - just a horse though. With a bell. I'm not disputing anything that anyone may or may not have seen, but think that if we had run on seeing it first, we would still be convinced that it was a human figure following us. The mind is a powerful thing when you're freaked out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Yeah thats very true...but in my case I was brushing my teeth, thinkin about nothing in particular. Nothing errie. I didnt run. The thing did.

Seems it was more freaked out than I was. I just remember the eyes! Like it got startled. You know when something surprises you and your eyes all of a sudden open really wide?

What ever it was anyways, Im sure wasnt harmful. Just the way the eyes opened like that. And off it went leaping off the roof. I just wish I knew what it was!!!

Advertisement