Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC No Electricity

• 17-11-2010 4:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Morning..

During last evening/nights weather we lost electricity for a couple of hours. Resulting in the alarm's backup battery kicking in and chiming to indicate this.

I see the importance of this when your not in the house to indicate that the alarm is still active etc but we were at home.

I know losing the electricity shouldn't (hopefully) be a regular thing happening but is there any way to deactivated this or even lower the volume/frequency etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Typing in your code usually stops this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

Morning..

During last evening/nights weather we lost electricity for a couple of hours. Resulting in the alarm's backup battery kicking in and chiming to indicate this.

I see the importance of this when your not in the house to indicate that the alarm is still active etc but we were at home.

I know losing the electricity shouldn't (hopefully) be a regular thing happening but is there any way to deactivated this or even lower the volume/frequency etc?

There is a way to turn it off also if you have engineer access to the alarm but I would not recommend you do this as this is an indication that the power to the alarm has failed.

Advertisement