Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV Deals?

Options
  • 17-11-2010 5:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi, thinking of getting Sky in, can't get UPC :(

Any special deals out there??

Had a look on Sky website and they offering 50E credit for new customers and first month free on HD

anything else out there i can avail of? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

This was supposed to expire on Nov. 4th, but they're still linking to it.
    I ordered on the 3rd, and the €120 cashback is tracked on my bethrifty account, so it was definitely legit.

Chance your arm and see what happens.

Oh yeah, with the offer above, you also get the €50 credit from Sky, and the first month HD free!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

how do you get the 120euro?

is it paid into bank a/c?

thanks

It's up to you.

At the minute it's "tracked" on my bethrifty account. That means that the order went through, and bethrifty acknowledge that I'm owed €120. When Sky decide to pay bethrifty their commission (could take up to 3 months afaik), the amount will be moved from being "tracked" to "to be paid". It's then up to me if I want it transferred to a bank account (for which I give them my account details), or pay into Paypal (for which I'd give them my registered paypal email address). The money is then paid to me on the next payment run...whenever that is.

Get your order in with them anyway, and see how you get on. You can delay the installation of Sky for as long as you want.
    You should also use them for buying from Play, etc. It's only worth a couple of cent per dvd/cd, but it'll get you used to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Thanks,

I went onto bethrifty and clicked the Sky deal, there is no voucher number present for it, but on the same page there is an ad sayng that it is now 145euro if you order Sky HD (not 125euro)

Very confusing :(

I put my order through to Sky, I then spoke to sales rep from Sky who said they did not control what is advertised outside of Sky :(

I am www.confused.com! :confused::confused:

No, there's no voucher.
    And they haven't updated the €145 thing either. It was that, and was then reduced to €120.
    The Sky guy is right. The €120 has nothing to do with him. That's between you and bethrifty. The €50 credit to your account, and the free HD for a month, is between you and Sky.

Don't be worried about it.
    But if you are, do what I did. Wait until you get the callback from Sky (probably tomorrow 'cause they're screaming for business!), and then email bethrifty. I told them that the guy from Sky told me their online ordering system wasn't working properly, and I had to give him all my details again (which was true). I then told them that I was worried that I wouldn't get my cashback as I didn't know which order would stand. I sent them on the order number, reference number, etc. (Sky guy gave me them), and within a couple of hours, bethrifty had been back onto me saying everything was ok, and it had been tracked on their system.

So that should be worst case. You should be grand though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement