Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those damn gutters again

Options
  • 17-11-2010 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Right, so like many of you we have had problems with poor finishing on the guttering on the house ( Grove 2 bed mid tce). After four years of asking and eventually pleading they allegedly fixed them last year. This morning my kitchen floor is flooded again and i notice the gutter over the front of the house ( over the porch area) is leaking again. The roof inside is ready to fall in it is so wet and the water is leaking down through the door frame. Must be a bit of a slow leak as upon inspection today its actually soft and soaked through.

I was up with the mgmt company a few weeks ago as the back guttering was gone again and they didnt want to know - durkans passing buck to mgmt co, mgmt co passing buck to Durkans, same story that took them 4 years to fix the original problems.

Anyway i have officially had enough and am going to sue someones ass for the money it has cost me to get people in both in the past and will now to fix roof etc

Has anyone managed to get a solution to the problem, find out who really is at fault for poor finishing on guttering or has even taken legal action against these feckers?

Any (constructive) advice would be very welcome please....

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Astrofluff isn't about at the moment, but I recall that he had suggested before that there should actually be a downpipe from the guttering into every house and not just at the end of each block to avoid the exact scenario you've encountered.

If that is the case, and it's part of the regulations, you could argue that Durkins should have put a downpipe into every property, however they may argue that you didn't pick it up in your snag and then hey presto, you're on a different roundabout.

Hope you get it sorted anyway. If you're going to get the insurance to sort it, no doubt the assessor will have something to say about it. I'm sure they don't fancy handing over cash for something that was wrong to begin with and they may pursue the matter themselves.

Advertisement