Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHD in Construction - Teaching Opportunities

Options
  • 17-11-2010 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey All,

I'm after finishing my MSc and have decided to travel for a few months before I return to the faltering Irish economy. I'm considering starting a PHD in a construction related topic next year, under the notion that in 3 years time ill be able to get a lecturing job of some description.

I already have a BSc (H) and MSc qualification both with first class honours. Ive also received high marks for both my dissertations and have over three years relevant experience ( I'm 27). I amazingly enjoy researching (I know its sick) and I believe that I might be a decent lecturer.

Its a big commitment and I would really appreciate anyone's advice in regards to a PHD been a valid way of gaining a lecturing / teaching position in some capacity.

Thanks in Advance

Advertisement