Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards & FM104 Phoneshow

• 17-11-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Dya reckon Adrian Kennedy is on boards? I notice alot of the topics on the site are discussed on the show...

Does anyone like him?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Careful now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Dya reckon Adrian Kennedy is on boards? I notice alot of the topics on the site are discussed on the show...

Does anyone like him?

Are you Mr. Kennedy trying to gauge peoples reactions. Don't be so tough on yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Are you Mr. Kennedy trying to gauge peoples reactions. Don't be so tough on yourself.

:D I wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i am Adrian Kennedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Here's a tip, stop listening to him then...
    Anyway, this goes in Radio. Slagging people can result in a ban so take it easy and try to be more eloquent in your criticism.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Here's a tip, stop listening to him then...
    Anyway, this goes in Radio. Slagging people can result in a ban so take it easy and try to be more eloquent in your criticism.

Jesus.

Anyway I'd say I listen to his show maybe twice a month and its while driving for 30mins and the other radio stations are playing sh*t tunes. and the next day I always see the topic on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Jesus.

Anyway I'd say I listen to his show maybe twice a month and its while driving for 30mins and the other radio stations are playing sh*t tunes. and the next day I always see the topic on boards.

Maybe boardsies listen and post about them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Jesus.

Sorry, it sounded like you were listening to him all the time.
    Boards.is a major source for many journalists and radio people but of course hardly ever credited... particularly the more "chatty" shows use our stuff all the time. Guess it's hard to think of new material every single day.

Sorry, it sounded like you were listening to him all the time.
    Boards.is a major source for many journalists and radio people but of course hardly ever credited... particularly the more "chatty" shows use our stuff all the time. Guess it's hard to think of new material every single day.

Yeah since I joined I've noticed quite a bit of what I see on boards in the media, newspapers etc and true enough rarely are they cited as a reference.

I always thought the people who call in to the show are thick / slow or both? There is always Anto's or Deco's on talking and cursing. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking everyone who calls in is a Knack?? When I listen to it I always laugh, some people really havent got a clue.

The reason I don't like him is he always takes a side in the debate, Adrian is a facilitator for the debate, not a debator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Met the man a few times, he has a personality that fills a market niche and he does it well. He appeals to the demographic they (fm104) want, like an Irish Jeremy Kyle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

no immmmm adrian kennedy...and ill have you know ..i wasin a taxi last week...and it smelled like an irishmans jocks after a night out on the guinness...and people dont leave buggies at butstops...get off the line you fool...and another thing ...oh heres a break...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Ahhhh good oul Adrian Kennedy. I spent alot of my youth listening to him. Not so much anymore. Not because I dislike him, I just don't really listen to the radio at night anymore (ever since I discovered the pub). I do tune in the odd time, and when I do, I enjoy the show. He's good at what he does and people like him. Get off his back maaaan.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mega Buddy

the more "chatty" shows use our stuff all the time. Guess it's hard to think of new material every single day.

I think you will find that they probably get the majority of their topic's from the print media and what is going on in the news! Plus, they also bring up topic's that listeners email in.

Advertisement