Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 2x08 "Malice" [SPOILERS]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Oh, new episode.. yay.
    to be honest, if he went to all the trouble of running right the way round the side of simeon to get ahead of him and plant the explosives in just the right place to scare those animals back towards where he was going to be, then circled all the way back round, fired off a bunch of shots (possibly even shooting slightly off the mark just to coax him back towards the centre of where the herd would be running) before double checking to make sure he still had one round left then setting off the explosives and waiting for yer man to get trampled, it seems like a very deliberate move on rush's part.

or just creative licence. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Good solid episode. Nice high body count. Rush was cold the way he offed him. Would have liked to see more of t-bag, he does evil very well. And of course Gin will be missed :(

4/5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Guys relax, gynn isnt dead, she's still alive trapped in Rushs friends body back on earth?......... surely her being in someone elses body doesnt matter.....????? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Good
    hightower1 wrote: »
    Guys relax, gynn isnt dead, she's still alive trapped in Rushs friends body back on earth?......... surely her being in someone elses body doesnt matter.....????? :D

No she's dead too...but yeeah it was her, ahhh sparkling wit and personality that we liked about her:)

I thought this was one of the better episodes. Will we get a film/episodes dealing with the attack on Earth or is it just a way to have a connection with the past Stargate franchise?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Good
    hightower1 wrote: »
    Lt. Boobs rushed to the communication stones at the start of the episode to confirm it: the SGC reported back that Rush's girlfriend was also dead. Ever since Valaa and Daniel's first hot-collared experience with the stones they always suspected that both ends were killed but it was never confirmed up until now. Telford under the same assumption, along with his cronies, disconnected during the first botched attempt to dial earth while Destiny was recharging from inside of a star.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalon_%28Stargate_SG-1%29

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

McKay
    was a great episode. felt very sorry for poor aul rush on the planet when he broke down.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Good
    I'm gonna engage "creepy perv" mode here, but <>.......SOMETHING!!
    TMI

TMI

TMI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Good
    very good episode, really liking rush even more, and maybe this might help elis social and technical skill expand to some point of interest, noting like a broken heart to motivate a man,

im really hoping that the chloe situation is resolved with some sort of an air-lock moment, give the fans what they want, :D

id nearly go as far as to say that was probably the most engaging moment of SGU yet, a man hunt, a handfull of dead people, and a nice bit of tail killed off, looks like the writers started writing with ink instead of pencils, they cant try keeping SG-1 morals in a show like this, dark sci-fi requires a lot of death, and a very progressive story line,

btw anyone have any idea how many people are now left on destiny, the one thing i liked about BSG that SGU didnt copy was the episodic body count, :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Good
    Just watched this tonight. Robert Carlyle is fantastic. I really enjoyed this episode, it came along just as I was thinking the episodes were getting a little boring. Twas pretty badass.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Too little too late. Killing Gin was an awful idea. I think this is the last straw for this show and me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Good
    what was the point of this storyline or having Gin in the series at all? she becomes a probable love interest for Eli, BAM, she gets killed, Eli gets angry and mopes around for an episode or two, then no mention of Gin at all.
    same with Simeon, he's there in the premiere, all the while ticking away with a clash with Greer, he has a bit of info on a possible Lucian Alliance attack but no, he's killed, no lead on the attack.

is it just me or is it weird that they set up possible plots only to kill them off just a few episodes after they're being developed?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

whiteman19 wrote: »
    what was the point of this storyline or having Gin in the series at all? she becomes a probable love interest for Eli, BAM, she gets killed, Eli gets angry and mopes around for an episode or two, then no mention of Gin at all.
    same with Simeon, he's there in the premiere, all the while ticking away with a clash with Greer, he has a bit of info on a possible Lucian Alliance attack but no, he's killed, no lead on the attack.

is it just me or is it weird that they set up possible plots only to kill them off just a few episodes after they're being developed?
    IMO it's the writers knowing the show is being cancelled and they're wrapping things up in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Good
    Must be one of the best episodes yet, pity that it cost two of the characters that had potential to add to the show.

EDIT: oh and Chloe has a purpose now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

McKay
    TheKells wrote: »
    No she's dead too...but yeeah it was her, ahhh sparkling wit and personality that we liked about her:)

I thought this was one of the better episodes. Will we get a film/episodes dealing with the attack on Earth or is it just a way to have a connection with the past Stargate franchise?

Just thinking there... we didn't actually see her dead on earth. It was just mentioned very quickly that they were told she was dead... maybe she will make a surprise re-appearance, which will make eli eat his words about respecting the body that people take over with the stones etc.

Advertisement