Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christchurch to Halfway House in rush hour!

Options
  • 17-11-2010 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, Can anyone please tell me how long it would take to drive from Christchurch to the Halfway House in Ashtown to be there for 6.15pm. It says 20 mins odd in googlemaps but that's probably wishful thinking. Wouldn't have time to make it to Connolly to get the train. Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭electrolinks

Its hard to know, anyone else drive this route daily? Traffic is bad at the moment.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

thats a difficult call to make - it could take 15 or it could take 40. i drive that way sometimes - it depends on so much.

could you get the luas to connolly instead?

Volumes of traffic change for the same times on the same weekdays and I usually cant figure out the reason. It can be hard to judge. That's what makes planning a Dublin car journey tricky...

Volumes of traffic change for the same times on the same weekdays and I usually cant figure out the reason. It can be hard to judge. That's what makes planning a Dublin car journey tricky...

Dublin Traffic Cameras
    http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

yeah, what is it all about before you always knew traffic was busy on Tuesday night and quite on Thursday night - now it's just crazy

it can take me between 20 mins and 1hour 30mins to get home on any given day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 rtunes

Ok thanks guys - going to give myself an hour to get there! Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

I used to drive this route quite often.45mins sounds about right. I would head for the Park and make an exit out one of the side gates near the old racecourse. I believe alot of the gates have been made oneway recently so I'm not sure which is best. Avoid the Castleknock gate!

CG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Go through the park and come out the Ashtown Gate. I often come the other way around that time and you should get in and out of the park easily. Getting to the park is the problem and is unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rtunes

Thanks guys. Been there and back. I left Clanbrassil street at 5.05pm and was there at 5.35. Would you believe it! I went via Phibs and took a left for the Cabra/Navan road - Of course if I had left it 10 mins later it might have taken longer. Thanks and I guess that was kind of a "How long is a piece of string" question.:)

Advertisement