Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

condensation inside shed roof

• 17-11-2010 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

hi everyone i build a shed during the summer and i put down chicken wire felt and put profile sheeting on the roof and now the roof on the inside is dripping no end and its driving me nuts even if i leave the door open it happens and especially when its frosty at night
    i asked a friend what could i do to stop this and he said take the profile sheeting off the shed and get 100mm glass wool insulation like this http://www.polycomp.ie/products/glasswool.htm and put this down on top of the felt and then put the sheeting back on and he said this would stop it

has anyone else done this or would this work to stop the drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You should have used "non drip" roof caldding,and then you would have no condensation or dripping from the roof.

I used tile effect non drip cladding on my garage,but I also used a layer of breathable roofing membrane too,just as an extra piece of mind.:)

Using wool insulation wont sto the problem,it will get wet over time and still drip,the wool insulation will most likely fall to bits when its gets too wet.

So its money wasted if you buy it.

Get a roll of roofing felt/membrane.That will stop the problem.

Also,if your roof joists/beams are wooden,then give them a coat of wood preserver,to stop them from rotting over time.;)

Advertisement