Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Stormy have proper mugs :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What are they doing different in the new stormy teacup?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

bigpink wrote: »
    What are they doing different in the new stormy teacup?

Well, people seem very concerned about their choice of drinking vessel, apparently it's a big criteria for cafés in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Well, people seem very concerned about their choice of drinking vessel, apparently it's a big criteria for cafés in Limerick.
    Come on its like asking for a pint of beer and getting it in a Pyrex jug.

Coffee cups hold the drink at a decent temp making the whole drink more enjoyable. Serving coffee in beer mugs was ridiculous. It was far from that places only issue bit was defo one that turned me off it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

sioda wrote: »
    Come on its like asking for a pint of beer and getting it in a Pyrex jug.

Coffee cups hold the drink at a decent temp making the whole drink more enjoyable. Serving coffee in beer mugs was ridiculous. It was far from that places only issue bit was defo one that turned me off it

Well now that is a bit different, nobody specified beer mugs. I was thinking mugs, as in a proper drinking vessel for hot liquids, as opposed to regular cups, which aren't my thing at all.
    You guys gotta be clear on these things! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

According to the Limerick Post, Nespresso is opening in Brown Thomas. They already sell Nespresso machines so hopefully this means they'll now have an actual Nespresso Boutique.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

According to the Limerick Post, Nespresso is opening in Brown Thomas. They already sell Nespresso machines so hopefully this means they'll now have an actual Nespresso Boutique.

Nespresso have been advertising for the last couple of weeks on the usual job sites for some boutique manager positions

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

It's about really I know its not too much hassle to order them online but sometimes you run out earlier than you expected or you just want to get one tube of a different type for a visitor but you can't because were the only BT not to have a nespresso boutique.

It's about really I know its not too much hassle to order them online but sometimes you run out earlier than you expected or you just want to get one tube of a different type for a visitor but you can't because were the only BT not to have a nespresso boutique.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

I'm due to oder some capsules so I rang BT in limerick and they hope to have the full nespresso boutique open by the 4th of December. I'm so happy now we can go in and taste and buy the ones we know we like without ordering blindly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

I'm due to oder some capsules so I rang BT in limerick and they hope to have the full nespresso boutique open by the 4th of December. I'm so happy now we can go in and taste and buy the ones we know we like without ordering blindly

Cholessys bar is reopening on Denmark in Cuckoo box/Mcdaids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Lovely looking new wine bar and restaurant opening in The Pier Hotel. Had a sneak peak over the weekend. Think the wine bar is opening Thursday night.

Red King wrote: »
    Lovely looking new wine bar and restaurant opening in The Pier Hotel. Had a sneak peak over the weekend. Think the wine bar is opening Thursday night.
    Trying to get in on new fads and copy copper room and urban vibeyard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Wine bars are a new fad? News to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Jofspring

In Limerick they certainly are. Copper Room opened doing wine and tapas and did well. Then Urban Vineyard opened, then the Buttery started doing wine at night with tapas and now another place opening up. All in the space of what 2 years?

Only room for one done right in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Red King wrote: »
    My first thought once you said Pier hotel was sh1thole and this isn't going to change it me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Is that Urban Vineyard place open?
    It doesn't look the most appealing from the outside during day time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Cholessys bar is reopening on Denmark in Cuckoo box/Mcdaids

Where the crafty Fox was?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Treepole wrote: »
    Is that Urban Vineyard place open?
    It doesn't look the most appealing from the outside during day time?

Ya it's only open at night. Haven't been in there but supposed to be nice.

Hilarious isn't it? I suppose they should have opened a coffee shop like everyone else :D

sioda wrote: »
    My first thought once you said Pier hotel was sh1thole and this isn't going to change it me thinks

Maybe you should reconsider that. The interior is all new and is really nice as is the new restaurant. I'll go along and try it out anyhow. It is nice to have an alternative to just going to a pub or restaurant at night. It is also healthy to have more than one wine bar downtown, especially when the nearest one is only open Thurs to Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Overheard a conversation in Noels new shop on Bedford Row that a 'top high street store' was going into the old Pamela Scott unit. Has anyone heard anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

pigtown wrote: »
    Overheard a conversation in Noels new shop on Bedford Row that a 'top high street store' was going into the old Pamela Scott unit. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Heard its Eurogiant, opening a giant store.

I really hope that isn't a eurogiant that's a great unit and you have some really good places that attract people down their like Schuh, Diesel, Clarks, Noels now and then places like Figaro's and the Buttery so there is great potential for a good shop to go in there.

On the wine bar I think it's a good thing to have competition if the market can't support the amount we have then it won't stay open long. So far, as far as I'm concerned the copper rooms is the best. I haven't heard anything about that Urban Vineyard place but it doesn't look very inviting from the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

Urban Vineyard is nice (and cozy). Yer man who owns/runs it seems a decent skin. Nice little smoking area (complete with hot water bottles) to the side too. The obfuscated glass at the front wouldn't do much to entice people in I'd admit.

Urban Vineyard is nice (and cozy). Yer man who owns/runs it seems a decent skin. Nice little smoking area (complete with hot water bottles) to the side too. The obfuscated glass at the front wouldn't do much to entice people in I'd admit.

Yeah Copper Room great spot
    Urban Vineyard not great i thought but was in after it opened

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Bored_lad wrote: »
    I really hope that isn't a eurogiant that's a great unit and you have some really good places that attract people down their like Schuh, Diesel, Clarks, Noels now and then places like Figaro's and the Buttery so there is great potential for a good shop to go in there.

I still think the choice of shops aren't great though. They are an odd mix and don't really compliment each other in a way. The street needs an anchor and that's why something really decent needs to go into Pamela Scott.

• Advertisement

I still think the choice of shops aren't great though. They are an odd mix and don't really compliment each other in way. The street needs an anchor and that's something really really decent needs to go into Pamela Scott.

I would agree there not the best but still if you got a good shop in the Pamela Scott unit such as H&M or someplace with a strong men's section they would do well. As you have Diesel, Schuh, Noels, Tailor of Blue and The Connelly Man sale shop down there along with Figaro's which by its self is attracting a lot of males down there and is always busy.

Advertisement