Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Da Robertas, one of the few places you could get Veal, or at least good Veal in this country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

panda100 wrote: »
    That's such a pity. It was probably the most authentic Italian in limerick. It would have worked if in better location.

Try La Cuchina. Though it's more like a canteen than a restaurant, but I can't fault the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Can't fault Tuscany Bistro either. Beautiful Italian food.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

If you know the chef owner might encourage him to show him the postive feedback

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have cleanup up this thread of a lot of off-topic and bickering posts, if you want to discuss craft beers find the correct forum, if you want ideas to start a business, find the correct forum, if you want to take shots at each other, find the correct forum.

This is not the right place and any more of the off topic/bickering **** that has been going on here will lead to bans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Happy Friday to you too, Clareman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

phog wrote: »
    Loved the place too, yes the standard did dip but IMHO I think it has improved again.

Fully agree about Casa Nostra too, was a great spot and very competitive pricing.

Was only back in Da Roberta's last night actually. Had an excellent meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭SeanPuddin_

Edit: Mod must have removed my post of a legitimate new business. Would have been nice to receive an explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

limerick leader on twitter has picture of Starbucks sign up at premises in Thomas Street, should be opening very soon..

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/business-news/starbucks-signs-up-for-second-helping-in-limerick-city-1-7104837

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I don't think it has been mentioned yet, but Brown Thomas in Limerick now has a full Nespresso boutique (it opened last weekend).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Mr E wrote: »
    I don't think it has been mentioned yet, but Brown Thomas in Limerick now has a full Nespresso boutique (it opened last weekend).

A thread about it set up. Looks nice from the pictures.

limerick leader on twitter has picture of Starbucks sign up at premises in Thomas Street, should be opening very soon..

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/business-news/starbucks-signs-up-for-second-helping-in-limerick-city-1-7104837

It's amazing that this is considered newsworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

zulutango wrote: »
    It's amazing that this is considered newsworthy.

It's like south park when they get a wal mart or more recently when they got a whole foods :P

Cholessys and The Round House 2 pubs opening in the next week

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Edit: Mod must have removed my post of a legitimate new business. Would have been nice to receive an explanation.

The explanation was in the "Reason" before you edited the post again.
    That isn't a legitimate business, thats a sports event.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

I see renovations or a clean out at least in the old Ink Cartridge Refill place on Roches St. Hopefully, something new is going in there.

Clohessys bar open at 4pm today(thursday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

bigpink wrote: »
    Clohessys bar open at 4pm today(thursday)

Was in there last night. Thoroughly unimpressed.

Something about the place just doesn't feel right. Kind of half-assed and cheap.

Not a patch on the old claws.

And it didn't help that the few people in there seemed blitzed off their faces.

Wouldn't bother with the place again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Mother Macs is opening on high street where the Roundhouse was until recently. New ownership and they seem to have been doing a refit in there the last few days

https://www.facebook.com/Mother-Macs-1717389681831486

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

interesting, hopefully they will have a nice beer garden in the summer months

• Advertisement

Its a great location if they do it right. As you said a beer garden would be great but only place I think they could do it is the vacant lot opp it and I havent heard anything about them buying that. Perhaps a few tables out the front would work?

Always good to have a few new places opening around anyway. Will def give it a try

Mr.H wrote: »
    Its a great location if they do it right. As you said a beer garden would be great but only place I think they could do it is the vacant lot opp it and I havent heard anything about them buying that. Perhaps a few tables out the front would work?

Always good to have a few new places opening around anyway. Will def give it a try

A beer garden for the round house

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Mr.H wrote: »
    Mother Macs is opening on high street where the Roundhouse was until recently. New ownership and they seem to have been doing a refit in there the last few days

https://www.facebook.com/Mother-Macs-1717389681831486

Pity about the name. I always thought the Roundhouse was a great name for a pub.

Awful name alright

A beer garden would be awesome. Will never happen but would be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Printer cartridge shop opening upstairs in Arthur's Quay soon

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Uber has now open on Thomas St.

Also, the launderette on Upper William St. is being gutted at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Uber has now open on Thomas St.

Also, the launderette on Upper William St. is being gutted at the moment.

Damn, used to love that launderette.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Ya, why would he think the round house would have a beer garden?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

The former Seduzca premises on William Street is being readied for a new occupier it appears.

Advertisement