Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Vanquished wrote: »
    The former Seduzca premises on William Street is being readied for a new occupier it appears.

Please be something good. Please be something good. Please be something good. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Please be something good. Please be something good. Please be something good. :pac:

Monorail office ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

sioda wrote: »
    Monorail office ☺

To be fair, its known as the Hammock district.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

What's the bet it'll be William St Kebab and Pizza or something of that ilk :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I know Dealz were trying to secure that unit to expand, but I'm not sure if they succeeded or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Cherrycoke wrote:
    I know Dealz were trying to secure that unit to expand, but I'm not sure if they succeeded or not.

Yes apparently they are. Rumour has it they are going in to Pamela scott unit also...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cash for gold or discount type shop would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Pandora and Permanent TSB have opened on O'Connell Street, and Enterprise rent-a-car are open on Upper William Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭lazyman

Castletroy Shopping Centre has been sold, New owners are planning on filling all the units in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

lazyman wrote: »
    Castletroy Shopping Centre has been sold, New owners are planning on filling all the units in 2016.

Hope they are successful - its a depressing SC as it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭lazyman

Mc Love wrote: »

From what I have heard from staff in super value, hook and ladder are doing very well and have given the place a real boost
    The chemist, post office, health shop, hairdressers are all doing good business so there is plenty of potential there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Its not too bad compared to the Jetland. It's the tomb of the Celtic tiger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Its not too bad compared to the Jetland. It's the tomb of the Celtic tiger.

Not sure if it's the Celtic tigers fault, dunnes own the whole building and don't seem too bothered, and probably only want shops they don't compete with.

Their old sarsfield street premises is for rent too, again I doubt aldi or like would be allowed in.

For Celtic tiger tomb see coonagh cross shopping centre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

elastico wrote: »
    Not sure if it's the Celtic tigers fault, dunnes own the whole building and don't seem too bothered, and probably only want shops they don't compete with.

Their old sarsfield street premises is for rent too, again I doubt aldi or like would be allowed in.

I always thought that could be made into a Celtic Tiger amusement park. Leave everything as it is, put in non-functioning rides, closed shops and cafes and charge €50 entrance fee. Right in the center put a monument to the Celtic Tiger: a single breeze block mounted on a plinth. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I wonder if that is because the Vacant Sites Levy is coming in? That's going to nail any property owners who are sitting on property and doing anything with it.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

The garage at greenpark/ballinacurra opened today. Very quick fit out in the end, the shop was pretty much an empty shell last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

isnt LIT moving into part of it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SkatesOn

Mr.H wrote: »
    Mother Macs is opening on high street where the Roundhouse was until recently. New ownership and they seem to have been doing a refit in there the last few days

https://www.facebook.com/Mother-Macs-1717389681831486

Quite a few pubs opening/renovating in the last couple of months - could be a return to the good auld celtic tiger!

Woodfield House - Ennis Road - new owner Donal Mulcahy
    JJ Bowles - Thomondgate - New owners, revamped beer garden
    Clohessys - Denmark St.
    Big Claws - supposed to be opening after Xmas (House from Dublin)
    Curragower - new extn
    The Hurlers - new owner & lots of works ongoing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

the curragower extension is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

phill106 wrote: »
    isnt LIT moving into part of it now?

Ya they said it should be finished by the end of next year or something like that. I assume work will be starting again soon if they want to stick to that deadline.

• Advertisement

JJ Bowles my personal fav - best beer garden in Limerick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

SkatesOn wrote: »
    JJ Bowles my personal fav - best beer garden in Limerick

Bad part of town did they get a crowd over there

SkatesOn wrote:
    Woodfield House - Ennis Road - new owner Donal Mulcahy JJ Bowles - Thomondgate - New owners, revamped beer garden Clohessys - Denmark St. Big Claws - supposed to be opening after Xmas (House from Dublin) Curragower - new extn The Hurlers - new owner & lots of works ongoing.

Quite a few pubs opening/renovating in the last couple of months - could be a return to the good auld celtic tiger!

The Galway Brewing Company said on twitter this evening that they're looking for a premises in Limerick. They run a few successful craft beer places up there. They were interested in Bourkes going by the conversation that I saw.

Where they extend too

bigpink wrote: »
    Where they extend too

Into the houses next door.

Prob needed that back room to have food is miserable

bigpink wrote: »
    Bad part of town did they get a crowd over there

I'm usually only there after the matches (when it's packed), but I was there at the weekend, and there was a decent crowd there - seemed to be a couple of xmas parties on and the usual 12 pubs crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

pigtown wrote: »
    Pandora and Permanent TSB have opened on O'Connell Street, and Enterprise rent-a-car are open on Upper William Street.

I thought the exact same yesterday evening- That PTSB was unoccupied for years, great to see life back there. They have the Starbucks signage on the building on the corner of Thomas St & Catherine street so it must be opening soon.

I thought the exact same yesterday evening- That PTSB was unoccupied for years, great to see life back there. They have the Starbucks signage on the building on the corner of Thomas St & Catherine street so it must be opening soon.

PTSB are also opening in Castletroy - where the old Spar used to be - the corner of Milford road and the Dublin road. Looks like they are nearly ready to open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Hopefully an occupier can be found for the vacated PTSB premises on Sarsfield Street. It's a fine building and that street could do with some higher quality businesses.

I think the branch on Upper William Street has closed too now that the new flagship outlet on O'Connell Street is up and running.

Advertisement