Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Oh great, more tat for William Street? Surely they'd need planning permission to knock into the unit next door?

They would as those have always been separate units. The Irish planning system is an unpredictable beast though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

jmch81 wrote: »
    From what I understand this is correct. Also the shelves where in over the last few weeks and no changes have been made to the joining wall between this store and Dealz

Yeah, I passed today and you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

I see construction fencing has gone up around the empty unit at the Parkway retail park and looks like work going on in it. It's that single unit across from TK Max that has never been used. Any idea what is going in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

tommy249 wrote: »
    I see construction fencing has gone up around the empty unit at the Parkway retail park and looks like work going on in it. It's that single unit across from TK Max that has never been used. Any idea what is going in there?

That was built to be used as a coffee shop or restaurant so maybe something like that is going in there. It may become a shop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Bored_lad wrote: »
    That was built to be used as a coffee shop or restaurant so maybe something like that is going in there. It may become a shop though.

I checked the planning permission online, Application: 15722. Looks like it's going to be a restaurant/cafe couldn't find anything to say who is taking the unit.

In time honour Limerick tradition, I'm saying it's M&S.

(It's not, I'm joking, in case the leader runs with it)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Starbucks i heard

bigpink wrote: »
    Starbucks i heard

Hardly! They applied for planning permission! :pac:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/planning-board-to-rule-on-brewing-starbucks-row-in-cork-359127.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Fünf typen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Tefral

Costa Coffee

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Fünf typen.

Was für Typen?

• Advertisement

Was für Typen?
    Fünf Jungs, Ich entschuldige mich .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Fünf Jungs, Ich entschuldige mich .

Dankeschön mein Herr.
    Nope, don't know them either. Google throws out something about event management.

Dankeschön mein Herr.
    Nope, don't know them either. Google throws out something about event management.

Cinq gars

Cinco chicos

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Cinq gars

Cinco chicos

Cúigear Leaids?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

An bhfuil cead agam dul go dtí an leithreas, más é do thoil é?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

An File wrote: »
    Cúigear Leaids?
    Steak haché et des frites
    Borgairí agus sceallóga

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Wasn't Nando's supposed to be going in there last year ?

oleras wrote: »

Nandos was rumoured to be going into Atlantic Homecare. It was just a Facebook page that someone set up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

oleras wrote: »

That was just a very well executed prank. I know the person behind. They ended up getting a €25 voucher from Nandos as a gesture of goodwill for pretty much doing their market research and advertising for them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

An File wrote: »
    That was just a very well executed prank. I know the person behind. They ended up getting a €25 voucher from Nandos as a gesture of goodwill for pretty much doing their market research and advertising for them. :pac:

Handy when you can't use it anywhere local.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Headway (http://www.headway.ie/) who provide Brain injury services and support have planning in for change of use for the former AIB premises on Upper William St/Lr Gerald Griffin St

Definitely looks like Allens going into William Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Some great pictures here of the offices inside The Bank. http://www.officelovin.com/2015/12/08/a-tour-of-teckros-new-beautiful-office/ they really have done a great job on the inside but I still think the outside looks run down. I think it's a protected building so there isn't a lot they can do to the outside but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Bored_lad wrote: »
    Some great pictures here of the offices inside The Bank. http://www.officelovin.com/2015/12/08/a-tour-of-teckros-new-beautiful-office/ they really have done a great job on the inside but I still think the outside looks run down. I think it's a protected building so there isn't a lot they can do to the outside but still.

There's plenty they could do with the facade such as cleaning the stained stonework, removing weeds and vegetation, repairing and repainting the timber sash windows. Same goes with the doors.

Routine maintenance like that would make a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Bored_lad wrote:
    they really have done a great job on the inside but I still think the outside looks run down. I think it's a protected building so there isn't a lot they can do to the outside but still.

They could clean it up. It looks really terrible. There's loads of litter in the basement too.

They haven't actually done a whole lot with the inside. They've just retained much of the decor from when it was a pub but are portraying it as a hipster work space that you'd find in San Francisco or Portland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

A muslim clothing shop has opened on Henry Street, one of the first in Ireland.

Equivalenza, a Spanish perfume company, are opening a store on Catherine Street in early February. They're looking for staff on The Post.

The Civil Defence have moved from Thomas St. to the Dock Road and the lawn mower shop beside them has moved across the street to the old Threads unit. An ethnic food store has opened in their old unit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Some amount of Muslims in Limerick now wonder why,makes sense opening a shop

The old Methodist Church/Central Cinema building on Bedford has been sold and the Art Gallery has vacated. Looks like there might be something going in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Zest Cafe are opening in Casey's Furniture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Cullen insurance going into the old Griffith college building on upper William Street

Advertisement