Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

Would the High court judge have the legal right to extend the planning finish date for the Horizon shopping centre in order that they can finish
    the place if he rules in favour of the applicant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

News just in about Horizon Mall- case not appealed to refuse it, but it still must be built by August!

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/202286/High-Court-rules-Limerick-development-must.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

News just in about Horizon Mall- case not appealed to refuse it, but it still must be built by August!

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/202286/High-Court-rules-Limerick-development-must.html

It's dead in the water so. A new planning application will be needed after August and the council will refuse that too. The developer will go back to ABP and we start all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I wonder what legally constitutes complete?

Roof. Windows, enough walls to look like a structure?

I wonder what ABP or the council would like done with the site if the appeal , no doubt there will be one, is unsuccessful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Assuming there'll be a new planning application, have the Council got valid grounds for refusing it outright though?

• Advertisement

zulutango wrote: »
    Assuming there'll be a new planning application, have the Council got valid grounds for refusing it outright though?

I'm sure a legal team ready to invoice the council for many hours of services could come up with enough reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Berty wrote: »
    I'm sure a legal team ready to invoice the council for many hours of services could come up with enough reasons.

If anything a possible legal action would be a reason to grant permission? Or do you mean a legal action by somebody who objects, as the Crescent Shopping Centre did in this case?

zulutango wrote: »
    If anything a possible legal action would be a reason to grant permission? Or do you mean a legal action by somebody who objects, as the Crescent Shopping Centre did in this case?

By somebody who objects or wants to. I'm sure someone would be quick to after with them and take their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The lights are on in Pamela Scott on Bedford Row today. Looks like there's something going in there anyway. Just have to wait and see what now! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

The lights are on in Pamela Scott on Bedford Row today. Looks like there's something going in there anyway. Just have to wait and see what now! :eek:

M&S with a Nandos upstairs?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Secret Five Guys in behind the fitting rooms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

jmch81 wrote:
    M&S with a Nandos upstairs?

More likely Dealz with a kebab shop upstairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

jmch81 wrote: »
    M&S Starbucks with a Nandos another Starbucks upstairs?

Fixed that for you :)

Kebab shop with a Starbucks counter and a Monorail Station direct to the Hammock district upstairs.

Speaking of Starbucks, the furniture is in now so it shouldn't be long. A quick tidy and it should be ready to go in the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

Has the place taking over clohessys/ sinbin opened yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

goochy wrote: »
    Has the place taking over clohessys/ sinbin opened yet?

House Dublin have a planning notice on the window

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

bigpink wrote: »
    House Dublin have a planning notice on the window

Anyone know how they're progressing? Or if they have set an opening date? The sooner, the better as far as I'm concerned, Limerick badly needs a shakeup in the nightlife scene. From what I've heard, House is fairly upmarket so no harm to have an alternative to the likes of the Icon, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

are northern trust expanding? looks like a bit of construction going on out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

^^ yes

• Advertisement

zweton wrote: »
    are northern trust expanding? looks like a bit of construction going on out there.

Such a random place to have an office block though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Right beside the M7 is a fairly good reason to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Its a fantastic place for it. 5 min on the motorway job done. I spend more time getting to the motorway and out of our office than I do on the rest of my commute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

dashoonage wrote: »
    Its a fantastic place for it. 5 min on the motorway job done. I spend more time getting to the motorway and out of our office than I do on the rest of my commute.

That roundabout (conlons) is a disaster in the evening. There should be one of those roundabout bypass lanes there for people heading toward the motorway. But that would involve people involved in planning realising there was a university campus in the area merging with all of the people leaving the city.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

That roundabout (conlons) is a disaster in the evening. There should be one of those roundabout bypass lanes there for people heading toward the motorway. But that would involve people involved in planning realising there was a university campus in the area merging with all of the people leaving the city.

not to mention the absolute b&lls of a job that was done on the junction just up the road. have never seen poorer planning anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not really. Relatively easy access to and from the motorway, free and ample parking for both employees and visitors, lower rates than the city centre and as happening plenty of room to expand if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

mossym wrote: »
    not to mention the absolute b&lls of a job that was done on the junction just up the road. have never seen poorer planning anywhere
    I think all Limerick traffic planning is done on the assumption that teleportation or flying cars are just around the corner.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Not really. Relatively easy access to and from the motorway, free and ample parking for both employees and visitors, lower rates than the city centre and as happening plenty of room to expand if needed.

True. I suppose in terms of access from the motorway it's perfect.

bazz26 wrote: »

True. I suppose in terms of access from the motorway it's perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

well its open now so it is....starbucks that is. small enough crowd at lunch time expect queue out the door tomorrow!!

Advertisement