Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

zulutango wrote: »
    Vanquished wrote: »
    They're eager anyhow. Work started within a few days of planning permission being granted. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. They have a lot of space to play with there. The ugly canopy is to be removed too and replaced with something less obtrusive.

Lets just hope there is no third party appeal to ABP!

They would have to have objected at planning stage, and the planning file should show that. Not sure what grounds for objecting could possibly be.

Nope. An appeal can be lodged with ABP within 28 days of a decision by a local authority. A submission on the proposed alterations was sent to the council during the planning process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Nope. An appeal can be lodged with ABP within 28 days of a decision by a local authority. A submission on the proposed alterations was sent to the council during the planning process.

But only parties who make an observation/objection can make an appeal to ABP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

zulutango wrote:
    But only parties who make an observation/objection can make an appeal to ABP?

After the decision, there is 4 weeks to appeal. The grant is issued after this. If it is 'granted', the appeal time is over.

You can appeal if you have made a submission during the normal planning process.

If you didn't, and want to appeal, you must apply to the board for leave to appeal. There must be extenuating circumstances why you didn't make a submission in the first place. Most fail in applying for leave to appeal.

moleyv wrote: »
    After the decision, there is 4 weeks to appeal. The grant is issued after this. If it is 'granted', the appeal time is over.

You can appeal if you have made a submission during the normal planning process.

If you didn't, and want to appeal, you must apply to the board for leave to appeal. There must be extenuating circumstances why you didn't make a submission in the first place. Most fail in applying for leave to appeal.

That was my understanding, so the party who made a submission can appeal but others can't. And the planning file should show that submission.

I must have a look. Can't imagine what legitimate grounds there are for objecting, but maybe there are some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

zulutango wrote:
    That was my understanding, so the party who made a submission can appeal but others can't. And the planning file should show that submission.

That's not what I said....

If you didn't make a submission originally, you can apply for leave to appeal, if allowed, you can appeal.

Most are unsuccessful as they don't have a decent reason.

• Advertisement

The observation related to the size and configuration of the outside seating area and the potential impact on the public footpath.

moleyv wrote: »
    That's not what I said....

If you didn't make a submission originally, you can apply for leave to appeal, if allowed, you can appeal.

Most are unsuccessful as they don't have a decent reason.

Sorry, yeah, I got that. Didn't word my response correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Passed by the other day and it did look like it was being used as storage space for the centra project. It's a pity as that laneway could do with an injection of life.

Most definitely being used as storage. I'm the QS on the Centra refurb job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

cronin_j wrote: »

La de f^&king da :D:D:D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

cronin_j wrote: »

well that's a waste of a building

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

dunworth1 wrote: »
    well that's a waste of a building

How? They're temporarily using a unit which has been vacant for more than 10 years on a lane way for storage while they renovate their store on William Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

How? They're temporarily using a unit which has been vacant for more than 10 years on a lane way for storage while they renovate their store on William Street.

How does it attract people?

It's better than it just sitting there but it could be utilised much better

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

dunworth1 wrote: »
    How does it attract people?

It's better than it just sitting there but it could be utilised much better
    The key word here is "temporarily". As it's vacant anyway it's an efficient use of available resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Lads is Starbucks on Thomas St open yet? Haven't driven/walked that way in a wee while.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

TheTownie wrote: »
    Lads is Starbucks on Thomas St open yet? Haven't driven/walked that way in a wee while.

Yes, quite a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

There's an asian/noodle place opening on george's quay near the Locke

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Where abouts?Sure its not Amber?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

bigpink wrote: »

It's where Amber is saw a sign when I was passing today but didn't read it.

bigpink wrote: »

Amber is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I read on the Rubber Bandits Facebook page, that Bunsen, the burger place is going in there.

• Advertisement

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    I read on the Rubber Bandits Facebook page, that Bunsen, the burger place is going in there.

Bunsen opened a second place in Dublin and had a banner on the front saying "typical restaurant opening soon" as a bit of a joke.

This new Japanese restaurant, Kyoto, had used that "typical restaurant opening soon" banner too but the joke is lost on me as another Japanese/Asian/Sushi restaurant is about as typical as you'll get in Limerick these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Bunsen opened a second place in Dublin and had a banner on the front saying "typical restaurant opening soon" as a bit of a joke.

This new Japanese restaurant, Kyoto, had used that "typical restaurant opening soon" banner too but the joke is lost on me as another Japanese/Asian/Sushi restaurant is about as typical as you'll get in Limerick these days.

Ahhh no :( that's disappointing so. I was looking forward to Bunsen!

I'd much rather a burger place than a Japanese/Asian/Sushi place

Amber seems to be changing to the Noodle Box.

Another noodle or general Asian food joint is due to open on Thomas Street too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Amber has been on just eat.ie as the noodle box for about 3 months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Everyone is copying Aroi due to their success. I'd love to see another Lebanese or an Israeli restaurant in town.

La Cucina are opening in town!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Never been but people say its great

Actually wonder are they going into la picola or little italy?Same family i think

That's made my Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Fantastic news town needed another Italian not a fan of Bella Vincenzo or LA Piccola

Advertisement