Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

bigpink wrote:
    How are they all getting in?Dodgy student visas or skilled workers i wonder
    I dunno, all the pakistanis i worked with as a student were also students but they worked 50 hour weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Galway Bay Brewing have bought O'Donnells bar on Wickham Street, strange location IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Limerick91 wrote: »
    Galway Bay Brewing have bought O'Donnells bar on Wickham Street, strange location IMO

Strange one alright, that's not even a big unit:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Seems to be hipster thing to do take over a real old pub even rough ones as long as its in the safer areas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

If they can get the yard next door could be a class venue

• Advertisement

Theu bought a former rough pub in chapel street dublin aswell.prob a great make got it alot cheaper than blind pig or bourkes

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

Best of luck to them. It's only a stones throw from the Blind Pig where everybody was hoping they'd go but at the same time they'll need to do a bit of advertising and marketing to get the crowd up there. Always better to buy than rent if the price is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Limerick91 wrote:

Does it back on to The Blind Pig, by any chance? They were reportedly looking at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

zulutango wrote: »
    Does it back on to The Blind Pig, by any chance? They were reportedly looking at that.

No, it's beside Victoria H I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

This can't be good news for the Ardmore Studios backed project out in Plassey?

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/hollywood-style-film-studios-planned-for-dublin-1.2659414

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Townie_P wrote: »

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/hollywood-style-film-studios-planned-for-dublin-1.2659414

Lol glass bottle plant. I wouldn't believe any story about that place unless the blessed bertie himself appeared in my cupboard to tell me about it over a cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrJones2013

Townie_P wrote: »

Can't be good news at all. It might even ruin them before they've even started.

We may as well all just up sticks and move to Dublin at this rate.

Its 20 feet from the blind pig

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

It's the red pub on the far side of Wickham St. facing down Thomas St.

Smart bit of business

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Can't be good news at all. It might even ruin them before they've even started.

We may as well all just up sticks and move to Dublin at this rate.

Maybe not. That plan is in motion years even before the guys agreed on Plassey.

Either way they needed Plassey whether or not Dublin goes ahead.

Last time I saw into the Plassey building was August and there was still lots of work going on inside. Must be a lot done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Yeah they were looking at the Blind Pig but they thought it was too big.

The place on Wickham St will only do snacks, no room for a large kitchen. They hope to be open by the end of July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

The place on Wickham St will only do snacks, no room for a large kitchen. They hope to be open by the end of July

That's a pity, their food is pretty good for pub grub, great drinking food.

Still, great news that they are coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

guess they must have been doing well in the urban garden
    DELIGHTED TO ANNOUNCE WE'RE BACK!

Opening this Monday...In the heart of Medieval Limerick on the banks of the river Shannon between King John's Castle and St Mary's Cathedral at our new Summer Garden Café in the stunning grounds of St. Mary's Aid Nicholas Street.

So to all our lovely, loyal customers and all those who are looking forward to tasting the Very Best Authentic Mexican Street Food In Limerick, come by, chill out and say "Hi!". Mexican Food Dudes ‪#‎LimerickProud‬

https://www.facebook.com/foodnfusions/photos/a.507602039355403.1073741828.488926501222957/985339691581633/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

dunworth1 wrote: »
    DELIGHTED TO ANNOUNCE WE'RE BACK!

Opening this Monday...In the heart of Medieval Limerick on the banks of the river Shannon between King John's Castle and St Mary's Cathedral at our new Summer Garden Café in the stunning grounds of St. Mary's Aid Nicholas Street.

So to all our lovely, loyal customers and all those who are looking forward to tasting the Very Best Authentic Mexican Street Food In Limerick, come by, chill out and say "Hi!". Mexican Food Dudes ‪#‎LimerickProud‬

https://www.facebook.com/foodnfusions/photos/a.507602039355403.1073741828.488926501222957/985339691581633/?type=3&theater

Where is that place?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

That's a pity, their food is pretty good for pub grub, great drinking food.

Still, great news that they are coming.

as long as they have of foam and fury on tap they can serve bread and cheese..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

True, true, that's dangerous stuff!

Any of their beers I have tasted have been good so looking forward to it. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

True, true, that's dangerous stuff!

Any of their beers I have tasted have been good so looking forward to it. :)

I believe they have a new head brewer since the spring too, so the new/experimental/special brews will be a nice addition to their regular set.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Berty wrote: »
    Maybe not. That plan is in motion years even before the guys agreed on Plassey.

Either way they needed Plassey whether or not Dublin goes ahead.

Last time I saw into the Plassey building was August and there was still lots of work going on inside. Must be a lot done now.

One of my jobs as a QS is this one.. it will be all finished for the end of July! Serious work being done there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

La Cucina are opening in town!
    Anymore news on this I see old mizzonis on Thomas Street and a unit on Catherine Street down from sage are being renovated would suit them well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

sioda wrote: »
    Anymore news on this I see old mizzonis on Thomas Street and a unit on Catherine Street down from sage are being renovated would suit them well

No more news. They said it'll be September or October before they open so I wouldn't be surprised if work hasn't even started on their unit. I follow them on snapchat so that's where I'm getting the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

This is in last week's Limerick Post. Wonder who/what restaurant it is?

387314.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

La Cucina announced that they're opening in the city centre soon, so it could be them?

Mexican food van have opened in nicolas street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

New coffee shop called Nellie's Corner open in Nicholas St at the junction with Athlunkard St in what used to be the Mucky Duck, Dick Devanes and which other name it opened up as lately.

Advertisement