Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The new Inver petrol station (opposite AIB) in Castletroy is now open. The shop is Spar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

New coffee shop called Nellie's Corner open in Nicholas St at the junction with Athlunkard St in what used to be the Mucky Duck, Dick Devanes and which other name it opened up as lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Has Camile opened yet out by the parkway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Jofspring wrote: »
    Has Camile opened yet out by the parkway?

Nope not yet. I think it will be opening in July. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There were loads of lads working on Sunday on it so all shoulders to the wheel it appeared anyway.

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    There were loads of lads working on Sunday on it so all shoulders to the wheel it appeared anyway.

Soft opening wednesday opening thursday
    Its a chain franchise so wouldnt be good excited

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

bigpink wrote: »
    Soft opening wednesday opening thursday
    Its a chain franchise so wouldnt be good excited

Apparently its the opposite, have heard loads of good things about the other units around the country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

A new Asian restaurant called TKee has opened on O'Connell Street, from facebook I'm not sure if it replaced Chocolat or has opened beside it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

pigtown wrote: »
    A new Asian restaurant called TKee has opened on O'Connell Street, from facebook I'm not sure if it replaced Chocolat or has opened beside it though.

It's in the old IMASA unit with the Costcutter.

Is Costcutter nice? Anything like Centra up the road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

pigtown wrote: »
    Is Costcutter nice? Anything like Centra up the road?

Nothing like it! It's your run of the mill newsagent. Doesn't have a deli either.

Sounds like a weird set up.Walked pastvit and the shop looks very bare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Nothing like it! It's your run of the mill newsagent. Doesn't have a deli either.

I haven't been in there yet but going by their pictures on Facebook it looks really nice with a big open kitchen and they have a big selection of lunches. It looks like the Asian restaurant is apart of the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

It's a mini version of the Jasmine all you can eat buffet.
    €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They didnt even have the Sun Newspaper when I went in - rubbish!

The restaurant bit looks good though

Costa opening beside Camille Thai in the Parkway Retail Park

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

Mc Love wrote: »
    They didnt even have the Sun Newspaper when I went in - rubbish!
    It's a medal they should be given for not selling that rag :p

Anyone know anything about this 'Narrative 4' organisation that opened its global headquarters in Limerick yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

panda100 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about this 'Narrative 4' organisation that opened its global headquarters in Limerick yesterday?

It seems to be one of these let's change the world organisations with a lot of funders with very deep pockets. One of the founders is Colum McCann so there is an Irish connection there and they also got money from JP so there's the Limerick connection. They've done a lot of work on that building and it was packed yesterday when I passed they seemed to have been having some sort of launch party.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Bored_lad wrote: »
    It seems to be one of these let's change the world organisations with a lot of funders with very deep pockets. One of the founders is Colum McCann so there is an Irish connection there and they also got money from JP so there's the Limerick connection. They've done a lot of work on that building and it was packed yesterday when I passed they seemed to have been having some sort of launch party.

Which building is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

zulutango wrote: »
    Which building is it?

They're on O'Connell Street in the same building as the Irish Ancestral Research Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,321 ✭✭✭✭phog

Two units at Castletroy shopping centre have reserved signs on the shop fronts, hopefully someone moving in there.

phog wrote: »
    Two units at Castletroy shopping centre have reserved signs on the shop fronts, hopefully someone moving in there (that isn't a discount shop)

Just added a little caveat. :)

It would be nice to get a bookshop or proper newsagents back in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

panda100 wrote: »

It's a "global empathy hub" apparently. :confused:

So, I'm guessing here but, something like "Stargate for hugs", some kind of distributed network of portals will allow Limerick people to channel empathy to parts of the world in dire need of it? Empathy equilibrium?

I imagine there's a lot of synergy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,321 ✭✭✭✭phog

Mr E wrote: »
    Just added a little caveat. :)

It would be nice to get a bookshop or proper newsagents back in there.

There was a bookshop and a newsagents there both closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

So, I'm guessing here but, something like "Stargate for hugs", some kind of distributed network of portals will allow Limerick people to channel empathy to parts of the world in dire need of it? Empathy equilibrium?

From the site -
    Our Vision:

Share today. Change tomorrow.

Our Mission:

Narrative 4 fosters empathy by breaking down barriers and shattering stereotypes through the exchange of stories across the world. Led by globally influential artists, educators, students and community advocates, N4 is developing the next generation of empathetic leaders and citizens

I might be a miserable, cynical pr*ck but the phrase "circle jerk" comes to mind.

Give me Dealz any day over this nonsense. These type of superfluous NGO's always remind me of this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

It would be really clever politics to unveil the care bears base, then in a few months say "em, this is a bit awkward guys - we only have enough money to build the superfluous vanity bridge OR keep the empathy hub funded". About the only way people would get behind spending that much money on the bridge?

phog wrote: »
    There was a bookshop and a newsagents there both closed.

Oh I know. I really miss the bookshop, and the newsagents must be closed about 10 years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

There's a threading and nail bar kiosk thing going into Arthur's Quay. They're building it today, hoping to have it open by the end of the week.

Advertisement