Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Ankhyu wrote: »
    There's a threading and nail bar kiosk thing going into Arthur's Quay. They're building it today, hoping to have it open by the end of the week.

In that newsagents on the ground floor? Saw someone doing work in there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭lazyman

Mr E wrote: »
    Just added a little caveat. :)

It would be nice to get a bookshop or proper newsagents back in there.

Starbucks is one anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

lazyman wrote: »
    Starbucks is one anyway....

Going into the castletroy shopping centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭lazyman

Going into the castletroy shopping centre?

Ya and there will be more to come by all accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

The operators of La Cucina seem to be planning for a restaurant in the Castletroy shopping centre also.

• Advertisement

Vanquished wrote: »
    The operators of La Cucina seem to be planning for a restaurant in the Castletroy shopping centre also.

Yeah, I saw that on their snapchat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Louche Lad wrote: »
    In that newsagents on the ground floor? Saw someone doing work in there yesterday.

If it were I'd say it's a bit of a waste of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Louche Lad wrote: »

No there's another shop/newsagents going into that unit, not sure what, but it's part of a chain anyway. Could be another Centra! :p

The nail bar is a kiosk, it's beside the Sky kiosk, across from Euro Giant, just by the stairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

Yeah, I saw that on their snapchat.

Thought they were opening in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hook and Ladder are going to love that. :o

• Advertisement

Thought they were opening in the city?

They're opening on Henry Street but they also shared a picture of the layout of the Castletroy SC wich said "big plans ahead" or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Mr E wrote: »

Hook and Ladder are going to love that. :o

Hook & Ladder are doing a roaring trade out in Castletroy. Healthy competition never hurts and I think there's more than enough of a customer base out there to allow both to trade successfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Hook & Ladder are doing a roaring trade out in Castletroy. Healthy competition never hurts and I think there's more than enough of a customer base out there to allow both to trade successfully.

I dont think there is to be honest. if im reading the last few posts right we will have a starbuck, la cucina, Hook and ladder and a costa all in the same complex, thats nearly more coffee shops that actual shops in a shopping center..

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

cronin_j wrote: »
    The Brazen Head and the toys R Us store are about to undergo a new fitout.

I thought The Brazen Head recently failed to sell at auction?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Bored_lad wrote: »
    I thought The Brazen Head recently failed to sell at auction?

It did ;)

cronin_j wrote: »
    It did ;)

So is it renovating to sell or to open? If to open any idea how much or it or all of it will open again or some sort of time frame?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Made in Limerick, a craft shop, has opened on Thomas Street. I think it's a few of the makers that sold through the Craft Hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭goochy

I know it's not a new business as such but I last time in limerick lyons garage on Tipperary road has sign up announcing they were building new land rover and jaguar showrooms opposite wickies site. Supposed to be open in summer . How's it coming along.?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Concrete base is down and they're now working their way up slowly. I was in there last weekend myself and they can really do with a dealership rebuilt for ford also. Just a bit cramped in there.

Something along to their Volvo side would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭goochy

Yes I thought volvo side would be better too . As it's cramped side beside Ford . Must not want volvo and jaguar / land rover to be too close
    Assume the new showroom is not attached to Ford one ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's metres away from Ford. Very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mebeme

Anybody know when the new bar owned by House Dublin crowd is due to open? We could badly do with some competition for Nancy's!!

Mebeme wrote: »
    Anybody know when the new bar owned by House Dublin crowd is due to open? We could badly do with some competition for Nancy's!!

You think they'd be trying to open as soon as possible to take advantage of their location during the summer but it looks like they're working really slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

What's going in beside Milanos?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Work going on in one of the vacant units in Grove Island. Not the bookies, next door to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Treepole wrote: »
    What's going in beside Milanos?

Do you mean above Milanos, using an entrance near Milanos? if so it's an accountancy firm E&Y.

jmch81 wrote: »
    Do you mean above Milanos, using an entrance near Milanos? if so it's an accountancy firm E&Y.

That's great news. I was always surprised no one took the unit(s) above Milano. Maybe it was due to the external staircases.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Where are they currently based? Do they plan on expanding operations in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I think they mean down the end where they are doing construction work

• Advertisement

Treepole wrote: »
    Where are they currently based? Do they plan on expanding operations in Limerick?

EY are in Barrington Street currently as far as I know and are expanding operations in Ireland which includes Limerick. The current offices are being kept along with new ones.

Advertisement