Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Any idea what the jobs are - it mentions "customer service hub", is it a helpdesk support then?

I only know what job he went for and it would be improper to discuss it for fear of scuppering the offer. Sorry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

zulutango wrote: »
    Which premises is it? The last we heard here on this forum was that they had bought one a building in Wickham Street.

They've bought O'Donnell's pub on Wickham Street. These people do seem to have a habit of jumping the gun a bit. They initially announced that they would be open in the former Blind Pig by June. That fell through and they turned their attentions to the Wickham Street premises which was meant to re-open in mid July.

The latest news from early July was that renovations were to begin in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I pass down Wickham Street every day going to work and it hasn't been touched apart from the sale agreed sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Not a new business opening as such, but credit must go to Bean A Tí for their renovation job. It's probably one of the best refurbishments of a city center unit in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

And the new doughnut shop opening across the road from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

sioda wrote: »

Is that going in where melt is?

Treepole wrote: »
    Not a new business opening as such, but credit must go to Bean A Tí for their renovation job. It's probably one of the best refurbishments of a city center unit in years.

A few businesses on Little Catherine Street got a spruce up recently. Olio & Farina have very tastefully repainted their building and Melt cafe have freshened up their shopfront too.

It's a very attractive street to be fair where the business operators clearly collaborate on how to maintain their premises and the street in general. Just a pity about the dead frontage of the Knock shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Is that going in where melt is?
    Nope into old Mullanys/Silver wood

• Registered Users Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭squonk

At this point I wouldn't trust anything Galway Bay Brewery say. Unless I'm walking by and the door is open and you see guys sitting at the counter drinking beer then you have to take anything they say with a pinch of salt. They announced a year or 18 months ago that they were opening a new bar in an undisclosed location. They even started a competition to ask for bar names. Nothing happened and I was talking to Shef in Salthouse in Galway a while after and he said he'd heard nothing about when they'd be opening. There was more talk of them taking over the Blind Pig, or even being open somewhere in Limerick in June, then they apparently bought a place and would be open by July. Unless they're opening at the weekend it's not likely now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Berty wrote: »
    I only know what job he went for and it would be improper to discuss it for fear of scuppering the offer. Sorry. :(

No bother, I understand. Be interesting to see if they expand beyond customer service and into software development, QE functions and all the rest.

I find that very often when a politician hears "IT" they start getting very excited without drilling down into the specifics. Almost but not as good a phrase as "Marks and Spencer", at least to our Limerick politicans! :D

Ah I found it -
    The roles in WP Engine – which has over 40,000 customers globally – are for people with one to two years experience working in technical support of customer service, plus those with a basic knowledge of WordPress, and other related IT skills.

They have a great range of positions in Austin, Texas - hopefully Limerick can start grabbing some other functions once they get established. Good news. :)

link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

sioda wrote:

A new donought shop! Best news ever! I love going to the likes of Aungier Danger when in Dublin. I wonder is it one of the Dublin chains opening up in Limerick or is it a new Limerick business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Treepole wrote: »

I get that they wanted an update but for me its sad - I LOVED the inside of Bean a Ti. It was so gorgeous and just a step back in time. I loved sitting in there with a cup of tea watching the world go by. The interior was perfect to me and i'm so sad they changed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

panda100 wrote: »
    A new donought shop! Best news ever! I love going to the likes of Aungier Danger when in Dublin. I wonder is it one of the Dublin chains opening up in Limerick or is it a new Limerick business?

Krispy Kreme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Krispy Kreme

good bye skinny jeans.....

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrJones2013

Krispy Kreme

Don't toy with us!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Krispy Kreme

Seriously? I say that will be the first krispykreme in Ireland? Dont think there is any in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I have to agree with what you've said about little Catherine Street the business around that part of town are great. They're nearly all small Limerick owned businesses that work together and keep the place looking great they should be an example for other businesses in Limerick especially how good they keep their shop fronts looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

panda100 wrote: »
    Seriously? I say that will be the first krispykreme in Ireland? Dont think there is any in Dublin.

Its not Krispy Kreme unfortunately. Its Funky Donut & Co.

https://www.facebook.com/funkydonutandco

They have a hashtag on their FB page - ‪#‎littlecatherinestreet‬

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

New doughnut company linked to Brimstone? They shared a post from Brimstone and normally I wouldn't read into that too much however the Brimstone dessert menu has been heavily doughnut based for the past while. I also think the Funky Doughnut website has been designed by the same person or using the same team as Brimstone's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

djdunny wrote: »
    looks tasty... is it too early to camp out for the opening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Bored_lad wrote: »
    New doughnut company linked to Brimstone? They shared a post from Brimstone and normally I wouldn't read into that too much however the Brimstone dessert menu has been heavily doughnut based for the past while. I also think the Funky Doughnut website has been designed by the same person or using the same team as Brimstone's.

Yup i drew the same conclusion as it was one of the Brimstone lads who invited me on FB to like the new page!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Parchment wrote: »
    good bye skinny jeans.....

Amen and LaCucina is opening right across from the office - I'll be wearing a moomoo in no time

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAKjAAAAJDkyMjU4ZThjLTNmMzAtNGQwNy05Y2UxLTc2ZDg2ZGQ4MDUyOQ.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Mc Love wrote: »
    Amen and LaCucina is opening right across from the office - I'll be wearing a moomoo in no time

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAKjAAAAJDkyMjU4ZThjLTNmMzAtNGQwNy05Y2UxLTc2ZDg2ZGQ4MDUyOQ.jpg

All bound for moo moo land....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Smyths/Icon rumouree to have bought Brazen Head
    Sign says sold on it now

bigpink wrote: »
    Smyths/Icon rumouree to have bought Brazen Head
    Sign says sold on it now

Futureama Productions I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Vanquished wrote: »
    Futureama Productions I heard.

Lol I hope they run it better than their events. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

any chance of Nando's coming to Limerick???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

philstar wrote: »
    any chance of Nando's coming to Limerick???

Ya they're opening in the new Marks and Spencer's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Ya they're opening in the new Marks and Spencer's!!

Across the way from Five Guys , Chick Fil a and Krispy Kreme around the corner from the A&F store by the Monorail stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I saw the Blind Pig being worked on over the weekend...any one know anything?

Advertisement