Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I saw the Blind Pig being worked on over the weekend...any one know anything?

Apparently Flanagan's in Ballina have it, going to do a bar/restaurant in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

source wrote: »
    Apparently Flanagan's in Ballina have it, going to do a bar/restaurant in there.

Keeping it the alternative vibe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

bigpink wrote: »
    Keeping it the alternative vibe?

I highly doubt it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I highly doubt it.

Hard to know what kinda place would do well there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

That part of Thomas Street needs to be redeveloped. You could nearly do with knocking the whole upper part of Thomas Street as well as Wickham Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

That part of Thomas Street needs to be redeveloped. You could nearly do with knocking the whole upper part of Thomas Street as well as Wickham Street.

The council have put two buildings beside the Blind Pig out to tender for development proposals. Hopefully something interesting comes of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Looks like Limericks nightlife is going to get a bit of a shake-up...and not before time! House Limerick should be opening sometime soon in the old Sin Bin, Galway Bay Brewery opening in O'Donnells on Wickham Street, Brazen head redevelopment, and now the Blind Pig redevelopment. Finally some badly needed competition for Nancys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Not a great fan of Flanagan's but I guess it's good that something is going in there. Shame it's not a more original type of establishment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

Looks like Limericks nightlife is going to get a bit of a shake-up...and not before time! House Limerick should be opening sometime soon in the old Sin Bin, Galway Bay Brewery opening in O'Donnells on Wickham Street, Brazen head redevelopment, and now the Blind Pig redevelopment. Finally some badly needed competition for Nancys!

There's also the Granary (The Orchard/Crush 87) and don't forget the White House 'redevelopment' :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

That location for the galway crowd is mad. Wickham street is a manky looking street, not sure how they will get people going in there, the blind pig was a stretch for many but best of luck to them.

• Advertisement

vkid wrote: »
    That location for the galway crowd is mad. Wickham street is a manky looking street, not sure how they will get people going in there, the blind pig was a stretch for many but best of luck to them.

If one lane of traffic was removed and the footpaths on both sides widened it really could be a lovely little street. Maybe traffic could be got rid of altogether, as in Little Catherine Street, which is probably the most attractive street in Limerick at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The Pope John Paul II memorial oratory has replaced the Change lingerie shop in The Crescent :pac:

crescent_zps8datko6g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

panda100 wrote: »
    The Pope John Paul II memorial oratory has replaced the Change lingerie shop in The Crescent :pac:

crescent_zps8datko6g.jpg

WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

panda100 wrote: »

crescent_zps8datko6g.jpg

This was outside the front door. I think they're doing some renovations to that entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Won't that mean that the Crescent now has 2 Oratorys unless they closed the one at the original/main entrance?

Can go shopping without an auld pray. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Berty wrote: »
    Won't that mean that the Crescent now has 2 Oratorys unless they closed the one at the original/main entrance?

Can go shopping without an auld pray. :D

The one at the original entrance is currently blocked off due to the construction work going on..

Should look good when finished, no sign of the oratory though

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/207768/Major-Crescent-Shopping-Centre-expansion-is.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Some activity in the short lived cafe in the old tourist office by Arthur's Quay

Some activity in the short lived cafe in the old tourist office by Arthur's Quay

Repo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I thought Jack Mondays were moving in there? Or has it been, and gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

I thought Jack Mondays were moving in there? Or has it been, and gone?

It was there for 2 weeks around riverfest and left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Some class of vintage / craft market and cafe opening up there.
    I assume it's just pop up type thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jose Maria

It's a very attractive street to be fair where the business operators clearly collaborate on how to maintain their premises and the street in general. Just a pity about the dead frontage of the Knock shop![/QUOTE]

Id love the old PJs back there, twas a grand spot

It would be nice to get a funky cobbled street from old catherine street to foxes bow too, does that lane go the whole way through??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

It does go through it would be brilliant to see it open again and shops in it

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

sioda wrote: »
    It does go through it would be brilliant to see it open again and shops in it

What shops if any are open in foxes bow lane at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Jose Maria wrote: »
    It's a very attractive street to be fair where the business operators clearly collaborate on how to maintain their premises and the street in general. Just a pity about the dead frontage of the Knock shop!

Id love the old PJs back there, twas a grand spot

It would be nice to get a funky cobbled street from old catherine street to foxes bow too, does that lane go the whole way through??

Great minds think alike! I was in the Cornstore's little smoking area recently and thought how cool it would to make use of the lane. The only problem is one of the buildings on William Street goes quite far back in the middle of it.

I was talking to one of the building owners and he's very keen to see the street (Limerick Lane) revitalised / pedestrianised. It could be done and it could be fantastic but a lot of consultation would be required between the building owners along it.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Funky Donut & Co opening beside Melt on Little Catherine St. https://www.facebook.com/funkydonutandco/?fref=ts
    Should make a nice little addition to the area!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

oh no, the temptation

my cholesterol level will hit the roof!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Off licence has reopened at ballinacurra/green park. Number 21 I think it's called.

• Advertisement

Off licence has reopened at ballinacurra/green park. Number 21 I think it's called.

Owned by Kellys drinks in Tipperary Town. They've a large number of those outlets now.

Advertisement