Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

This us useless without pics lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

The owner deleted the comments.

Actually maybe it wasn't him but all of his comments vanished overnight. It wasn't his page though to be clear. No point in linking now.

Waggaboo wrote: »
    In that case, I'm surprised you don't have a little bit more sympathy for them. I'm surprised that you're not a bit more conscious of how damaging negative comments on a public message board are to a new, small business. But as you say, that's your right should you wish to exercise it.

You know what it cost you to make donuts, you don't know what it costs them. You don't know their rent, their rates, their insurance, whether they're servicing a bank loan etc.

At the end of the day, people don't care. That's the reality.

Yes it can be very challenging, obviously he thinks his prices are fair. Some people are disagreeing.

That's business. You win some, you lose some.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

5.25pm yesterday Bean an Ti Melt Funky donut all shutting up shop town was very busy
    All the cafes in the area didnt want Starbucks but they wont even stay open and make business

Funky Donuts seem to be removing any negative feedback
    Didnt know it was the Brimstone guys wouldnt be the most professional guys at p.r

• Advertisement

What page was commenting back Funky donut Brimstone or owners personal page

bigpink wrote: »
    What page was commenting back Funky donut Brimstone or owners personal page

A group page. To be fair, his own comments were removed. Bit of self-censorship more than likely.

I don't want to give the impression that they were removing other people's comments because it isn't their page and they wouldn't be able to do that.

More than likely when he deleted his comments the comment thread vanished.

Other comments remain.

I will try one and see whats its like
    A group page??

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

bigpink wrote: »
    5.25pm yesterday Bean an Ti Melt Funky donut all shutting up shop town was very busy
    All the cafes in the area didnt want Starbucks but they wont even stay open and make business
    Probably more down to the fact that they're run out of stock for the day. Up in Dublin the likes of Anger Danger, Offbeat Donuts etc... stay open until their bakes have all sold. If they're exceptionally busy they'll make fresh batches to keep them going but it's a risk. If business drops off then they are stuck with unsold donuts that have to be thrown out at the end of the day and that's a waste and a cost.

Fair enough but all cafes in the area shut down except Starbucks and O&F but that had no free tables and was doing dinners

• Advertisement

Taco Chips wrote: »
    Probably more down to the fact that they're run out of stock for the day. Up in Dublin the likes of Anger Danger, Offbeat Donuts etc... stay open until their bakes have all sold. If they're exceptionally busy they'll make fresh batches to keep them going but it's a risk. If business drops off then they are stuck with unsold donuts that have to be thrown out at the end of the day and that's a waste and a cost.

Their opening hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm. Says it on their facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Exeggcute wrote: »

When are they going on holidays? ;);):pac::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Exeggcute wrote: »

Ok, but I did just offer an explanation as to why they might be closing early. As a new business Im more willing to give them leniency to their schedule until they get a grove going that works for them.

Funky Donuts fair enough just opened but the others?
    Bean an Ti and Melt just spend money on revamps

Ok, but I did just offer an explanation as to why they might be closing early. As a new business Im more willing to give them leniency to their schedule until they get a grove going that works for them.

I have no issue with their opening hours. Just posted them to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrJones2013

Mad for a donut :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I don't know where people are seeing all this negative feedback and comments by owners on Facebook because I check last night when it was posted here and say nothing but positive comments.

Its been deleted
    Better to leave it and respond in a professional matter i think

Bored_lad wrote: »
    I don't know where people are seeing all this negative feedback and comments by owners on Facebook because I check last night when it was posted here and say nothing but positive comments.

As was already stated in this thread, it was in a Facebook group and has been deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Oh no he didn't!!!! A Badass Burrito AND 2 Funky Donuts! I'm going straight to hell for his..... :D

The donut on the right is a salted caramel one, definitely lacking caramel pieces IMO but tasty non the less.

Have to say, the Burrito was top notch, pity she's closing for a few weeks.

uhB0bH3.jpg

thBiGXU.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Popped into Funky.

Good donuts. Not sure if they are worth 3 euro but that's for customers to decide. They were really busy so they seem sure of their price point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

davo2001 - brilliant.

Vladimir-Putin-Clapping.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Burrito and a donut. Unless you've a picture of a return monorail ticket as well it didn't happen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Popped into Funky.

Good donuts. Not sure if they are worth 3 euro but that's for customers to decide. They were really busy so they seem sure of their price point.

It's their second day. You know what Limerick is like for people flocking to new openings. It'll be a few weeks before we know whether or not people are willing to pay past the novelty factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

It's not a Limerick jobs boost but sad to see that the PayPal (e-bay) jobs that Limerick lost to Dundalk to in 2013 have been lost

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ebay-to-close-operations-in-dundalk-with-loss-of-150-jobs-34995448.html

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

tommy249 wrote: »
    It's not a Limerick jobs boost but sad to see that the PayPal (e-bay) jobs that Limerick lost to Dundalk to in 2013 have been lost

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ebay-to-close-operations-in-dundalk-with-loss-of-150-jobs-34995448.html

PayPal and eBay are two separate operations these days. It's the eBay jobs that are going because PayPal are the landlords of the Dundalk site and they want to expand and utilise the entire site which they currently share with eBay. I think back in 2013 it was Paypal that were looking into setup up in Limerick with creating circa 1000 jobs, Paypal jobs are not impacted by the eBay job loses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Planning in for change of use of 30/31 Thomas St (blind pig) to restaurant
    http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/16735/0

Also interestingly Applegreen Coonagh have planning in to demolish existing petrol station and build some sort of super service area with 3 food offerings etc

http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/16751/0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Planning in for change of use of 30/31 Thomas St (blind pig) to restaurant
    http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/16735/0

Also interestingly Applegreen Coonagh have planning in to demolish existing petrol station and build some sort of super service area with 3 food offerings etc

http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/16751/0

Burgerking,Greggs and Subway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Burgerking,Greggs and Subway.

Wish one was a KFC need one on this side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Wish one was a KFC need one on this side

They have agreed to buy a site on the Ennis Road, the site is currently under contract.

Advertisement