Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Jofspring wrote: »
    Still workers tipping away inside. Seems to be moving very slow for some reason. Would have thought they would have wanted to be in for the summer considering the location.

At this rate, they'll be lucky to have it open for Christmas!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Derbhoy

I've never been! Do they do nice food?

Food is good ok served all day & v good breakfast

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Jofspring wrote: »
    Still workers tipping away inside. Seems to be moving very slow for some reason. Would have thought they would have wanted to be in for the summer considering the location.

6 weeks i have heard

bigpink wrote: »
    6 weeks i have heard

Just in time for the party season so! It'll make an absolute fortune!

Habitat is opening this week tuesday is a student night with a big and Saturday opening party.The Restaurant November

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

Berty wrote: »
    Different director (wife/son/daughter) as long as the original director isn't on the certificate of incorporation then it's ok.

As a supplier I've been stung before by 2 people who closed the doors one day, offered to clear debts 50c on the Euro, went to ground, opened the door 2 weeks later and they're not the director meaning you can't have your solicitors chase that business because they're not a director.

thats a common occurance, i know of a buisness who gets a different accountancy firm each year, then a slight deviation in the name, can the tax mans get stung also i wonder, the vat man i doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

Derbhoy wrote: »
    Food is good ok served all day & v good breakfast

i agree with the food being good, i had a guiness with mine the last day i was in there, i recon i had the first from the tap since the day/night before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Habitat is opening this week tuesday is a student night with a big and Saturday opening party.The Restaurant November

Just had a look on their website there...appears that they are targeting the more "upmarket" scene. Maybe this is in response to House who, based on their Dublin premises, will definitely be going for that kind of market. We could actually have genuine competition to the Nancys/Icon monopoly...

Just had a look on their website there...appears that they are targeting the more "upmarket" scene. Maybe this is in response to House who, based on their Dublin premises, will definitely be going for that kind of market. We could actually have genuine competition to the Nancys/Icon monopoly...

Going by there opening night facebook event if instragram stars and influencers as special guests they have lost the older crowd already

Going by there opening night facebook event if instragram stars and influencers as special guests they have lost the older crowd already

House seem to be quietly going about there business
    Habitat want to be 3 venues that wont work in limerick
    Did anyone watch habitat promo video?The guy running seems bit of a knob

• Advertisement

old boy wrote: »
    thats a common occurance, i know of a buisness who gets a different accountancy firm each year, then a slight deviation in the name, can the tax mans get stung also i wonder, the vat man i doubt

In Limerick?

What new pub/club doesn't target the upmarket crowd when it opens though?

Mojo's, Nestors, Bentleys, The Bank, The Bailey, Aubars, Trinity Rooms, Angel Lane, etc., etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lol, by upmarket they probably mean those willing to queue outside and pay silly money for drinks so that they can take selfies of each other in order to get lots of likes on fakebook or egogram.

Further to yesterday's good news, "US-based Fazzi Healthcare Services is create 300 jobs in Limerick".

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/216409/fazzi-healthcare-services-to-create-300-jobs-in-limerick.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Further to yesterday's good news, "US-based Fazzi Healthcare Services is create 300 jobs in Limerick".

Great news. Any idea where they're going to be? As we've seen with Uber these kind of numbers can have a big impact if in the city centre. Presumably this business will be in an industrial park on the outskirts though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Garry123

zulutango wrote: »
    Great news. Any idea where they're going to be? As we've seen with Uber these kind of numbers can have a big impact if in the city centre. Presumably this business will be in an industrial park on the outskirts though.

Georges Quay, city centre

Nope, perhaps the best aspect of this announcement is that they will be based in the city centre, Georges Quay to be exact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Barrington's building or old art college I wonder ..

I'd say they'll be in that extension that is part of Barrington's. Afaik, the old Art College building is still in use by LIT, the Shannon Consortium and Gaelcholaiste Luimnigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Vanquished

I'd imagine it's the Barringtons complex. I believe there's some commercial space in the modern block at the corner with Mary Street. George's Quay house I think it's called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,340 ✭✭✭✭phog

The sweetshop that was located on the corner of Roche's St & O'Connell St has relocated to Castletroy Shopping centre.

phog wrote: »
    The sweetshop that was located on the corner of Roche's St & O'Connell St has relocated to Castletroy Shopping centre.

Strange move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

It wont be in the Barringtons building, but there are offices (I thought occupied) in the building adjoined to it.

The LIT art college maybe? I can't see where they would fit 300 people into a building near Georges Quay. :confused:

This extension of Barrington's has never been properly used as far as I know.

25fsfur.png

This extension of Barrington's has never been properly used as far as I know.

Believe me ;) it's not going into Barringtons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I can't see it going into Barringtons given the recent sale and I'd assume the new owners have plans to improve and expand to maximum capacity. Also the LIT building is being used by a few different groups so can't see it going in there either.

Bored_lad wrote: »
    Also the LIT building is being used by a few different groups so can't see it going in there either.

I suppose the 300 figure is projected figures. They might only start off with a handful. I just don't know where they will go in Georges Quay.

The hospital also has expansion plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

phog wrote: »

I thought that was a chain? There's already one in the Crescent I believe. Could it be that they are just opening a new shop rather than moving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I thought that was a chain? There's already one in the Crescent I believe. Could it be that they are just opening a new shop rather than moving?

It's a franchise operation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

It's a franchise operation.

Get it in a good spot and it's a licence to print money.

Advertisement