Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Believe me ;) it's not going into Barringtons.

Here then, maybe? Is that part of Barrington's or seperate?

20pvnfa.png

I thought that was a chain? There's already one in the Crescent I believe. Could it be that they are just opening a new shop rather than moving?

The one in the Crescent is Mr Simms (which was on Roches Street too) and the one on Roches Street now is Mr Duffy's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Here then, maybe? Is that part of Barrington's or seperate?

20pvnfa.png

Separate. Possible, not for 300 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The business is already on that Street/Quay just don't know what building. My friends working there in medical coding for a few months. This announcement was an expansion.

Yeah, I agree you can't fit 300 in there but I'm sure it'll be years till they dream of filling those roles whereby the council and government can keep bringing up the jobs annually like they're fresh jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

The Gaelcolaiste (across the road from Barringtons) will be moving in a couple of years so that building will be available. Haven't heard of anything going in there yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

The Gaelcolaiste (across the road from Barringtons) will be moving in a couple of years so that building will be available. Haven't heard of anything going in there yet.
    This would make a huge amount of sense tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

phog wrote: »
    The sweetshop that was located on the corner of Roche's St & O'Connell St has relocated to Castletroy Shopping centre.
    I thought that was a chain? There's already one in the Crescent I believe. Could it be that they are just opening a new shop rather than moving?

I passed the shop on Roches St today, it's closed and partially gutted, they might well be renovating but it looks like they're moving.

The Sweet Shop in the Crescent SC is a different franchise - Mr Simms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

sioda wrote: »
    This would make a huge amount of sense tbh.

I don't think they'd be relying on this becoming vacant. It will become vacant, but the last time I talked to the principal he wasn't sure himself when they would be moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

Possibly but the gaelcholaiste will only be vacating when their new school on Clare Street is ready and currently it is still an abandoned milk plant. Also, the gaelcholaiste will have to be heavily altered to resemble an office block and not a school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Any head to the new Docs/Trinity Rooms? Any good?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

leakyboots wrote: »
    Any head to the new Docs/Trinity Rooms? Any good?

Cousin was there said its the exact same dj box moved on have 4 vip suites facing the dancefloor.Very little changed music very hard techno and house.Couldnt get a drink bars so bad they for free and left

Thr promo vids for the courtyard bar look great but going from what i heard not a good start.
    Anyone know is it 3 venues or one access all areas thing

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

It started out as Mr Simms but then moved to the Crescent and the one on Riches Street was renamed to Mr/s Duffy's

Opening pics of Habitat on facebook dont look promising.Like Geordie shore mixed with crimewatch!
    They have removed all the bad and negative reviews aswell

Narrative 4 has opened on o Connell st only noticed it now what is it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

bigpink wrote: »
    Narrative 4 has opened on o Connell st only noticed it now what is it

This kinda explains it ..

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/204897/Narrative-4-to-open--first.html

Anyone been up to Nelly's Corner yet? It's a late night coffee shop (with a drinks license) which has recently opened on the corner of Nicholas Street and Athlunkard Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

zulutango wrote: »
    Anyone been up to Nelly's Corner yet? It's a late night coffee shop (with a drinks license) which has recently opened on the corner of Nicholas Street and Athlunkard Street.

I think it's a nice little spot and great to see it becoming something else besides a pub. A lot of tourists use the place which is good for the area because that area is real dive but has the potential to be something good.

I've only had tea in there so wouldn't know what the coffee is like and I think they only sell drinks after 5pm.

bigpink wrote:
    Is it still run or owed by crime gang?

Don't think so.

Don't think so.

Thought it was a money laundering front when i first saw it.Suppose its a prime tourist location

• Advertisement

There was a lot of money spent on the interior when that family had it. The place really did need a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mebeme

Well I for one am delighted to see some competition for nancys + Icon. Nightlife options in Limerick are shockingly scant, we badly need more venues, even if they're not amazing! I'm just sick of that scrum out the back of nancys!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

bigpink wrote: »
    Opening pics of Habitat on facebook dont look promising.Like Geordie shore mixed with crimewatch!

:D:D My thoughts exactly when I saw the opening night photo's. Full of snap chat 'celebs' and ex on the beach wanabee's. I really don't think there is a market for this type of club in Limerick. I'll probably go to the Tuscany place in the Granary when it opens though.

I think Energize gym in The Strand Hotel is expanding into the recently closed beuaty salon next door :)

The sooner the Nancy's hegemony is broken, the better for Limerick. It has turned the night time scene in the city to one little better than a small town. In fact, Nancy's itself is more like a big country pub, or the Limerick version of Copper Face Jacks, with its teachers and nurses, off-duty Gardai and farmers. You'd expect Ireland's third largest city to have something better. I don't blame the owners. They do what they do very well, but the city needs something better.

The sooner the Nancy's hegemony is broken, the better for Limerick. It has turned the night time scene in the city to one little better than a small town. In fact, Nancy's itself is more like a big country pub, or the Limerick version of Copper Face Jacks, with its teachers and nurses, off-duty Gardai and farmers. You'd expect Ireland's third largest city to have something better. I don't blame the owners. They do what they do very well, but the city needs something better.

Personally, i wouldn't compare Nancys and Coppers. At least you can have a good night out in Coppers with friendly people. Nancy just attracts knobs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

panda100 wrote: »
    Nancy just attracts knobs.

Wow. Cheers!

An File wrote:
    Wow. Cheers!

Well not you obvs but in general I find it a very superficial and posery crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Nancy's is fine if you want to get smashed but if you want a classy night out then forget it.

If you want to stand shoulder to shoulder with everyone else then Nancy's is for you. They really over pack it late in the evenings. It's a lovely bar if you're there when its not so packed.

• Advertisement

panda100 wrote:
    Personally, i wouldn't compare Nancys and Coppers. At least you can have a good night out in Coppers with friendly people. Nancy just attracts knobs.

I think they're very comparable. Similar clientele and plenty of knobs in both, but it's possible to have a good time in both too.

Advertisement