Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Mebeme wrote: »
    Well I for one am delighted to see some competition for nancys + Icon. Nightlife options in Limerick are shockingly scant, we badly need more venues, even if they're not amazing! I'm just sick of that scrum out the back of nancys!!!

What's the Library like as a nightspot?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mebeme

I hear the library is always reliable for a good fight..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

What's the Library like as a nightspot?

It's not exactly the kind of place where studious types hang out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

It's a hole. Kids out of their minds in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is the new pub being called House Limerick?Have you advertised for staff yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Add in Limerick Post, looking for staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Want to join our team? We Are Hiring - Full & Part-time positions available.
    Email your CV to - info@marcopolo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Casa Systems to create 50 new jobs in Limerick
    Casa – a worldwide leader in next-generation ultra-broadband access technology is to establish international operations in Limerick.

The move will allow the company, which is headquartered in Andover, Massachusetts, to support its continued growth internationally, bringing it closer to its European customers and acting as a base for non-US activity. Initial operations will include manufacturing, distribution, customer technical support and related activities.

Casa will be located in the National Technology Park, Castletroy with close proximity to the University of Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

CeX will be going into the old Xtra-Vision unit in the Parkway. Glad to have something going in there, with it being a front facing unit it looks fairly crap at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Five Guys are nailed on for The Crescent and another big name chain. Hence the extension with external opening units.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Five Guys are nailed on for The Crescent and another big name chain. Hence the extension with external opening units.

Five Guys :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Can't say McDonalds will be very happy about that, literally a stones throw away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

jaxxx wrote: »
    Can't say McDonalds will be very happy about that, literally a stones throw away.

The price point will be very different so I imagine different target markets. Average McD meal costs about €7 or even less whereas Five Guys is about €17. Eddie Rockets or whatever it was renamed to would be more concerned I'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

While it only lasts for a couple of weeks a year but this year the scare factory is gonna be taking over King John's castle. It's nice to see the castle being used for different stuff like the concerts and now this so hopefully it does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ongarboy wrote:
    The price point will be very different so I imagine different target markets. Average McD meal costs about €7 or even less whereas Five Guys is about €17. Eddie Rockets or whatever it was renamed to would be more concerned I'd think.

17 euro it'd want to be some burger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

They're nice but they're not worth that money. I paid £14 for a meal in the UK. I nearly died :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

in fairness, mcdonald "burgers" are a bigger rip off at 7 euros than most 17 euro burgers(which at least are food, even i f overpriced). i know which i'd rather the kids ate in, whatever the cost

Ya McDonalds is cheap but it is muck. As a treat Five Guys is worth it. It's also not the healthiest so cheap unhealthy food isn't exactly a good thing. If it was cheap I would turn into a fatty pretty fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

5 guys is savage.

A little bit expensive but it blows rockin joes with their bad burgers/service out of the water. You'd be fair full after it and a regular burger is actually a double burger. Expect to pay 7/8 for a normal "little" cheeseburger and about 10 for the double (which is the regular one, bit confusing). Add 3 quid for so for chips and something similar for drink.

The drinks were refillable in Canada not sure what it's like here and you can pick and choose from a range of topping for the burger and the fries are unreal with the cajun seasoning.

Expensive but it's really good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    5 guys is savage.

A little bit expensive but it blows rockin joes with their bad burgers/service out of the water. You'd be fair full after it and a regular burger is actually a double burger.

Are the yanks still number one for obesity? I think we're chasing hard on their tails.

• Advertisement

Any idea what the name of the new cholessys bar is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Hooked

bigpink wrote: »
    Any idea what the name of the new cholessys bar is?

House

http://www.thejournal.ie/limerick-superpub-2412910-Oct2015/

That article is a year old... But they're said to be open soon. Mate has a work night planned there in Nov.

Hooked wrote: »
    House

http://www.thejournal.ie/limerick-superpub-2412910-Oct2015/

That article is a year old... But they're said to be open soon. Mate has a work night planned there in Nov.

Oh i know the pub in Dublin is called house cause its in an actual house

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrJones2013

Has it been confirmed that Five Guys are going to be moving in to one of the new units in the crescent redevelopment or is this purely speculation??? Please say it's been confirmed!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Where's this? Possibly the new Clohesseys?

https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1566241

Has it been confirmed that Five Guys are going to be moving in to one of the new units in the crescent redevelopment or is this purely speculation??? Please say it's been confirmed!

Whats the big deal about it?

Treepole wrote: »
    Where's this? Possibly the new Clohesseys?

https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1566241

That the new blind pig or the new canteen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrJones2013

Personally I think their burgers are unreal - some might see it as all hype but like I said, personally I think their burgers are unreal.

As mentioned above they do great burgers and fries, simple as that really. Not really a big deal, it would just be great to have one in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Are the yanks still number one for obesity? I think we're chasing hard on their tails.

As somebody who in general eats quite well and plays a lot of sport but does go a bit nuts on junk food and booze etc sometimes, it's all about moderation.

Nobody is A - forcing you to buy a take out and B - Opting for the larger burger on your behalf.

I will probably go there once ever couple of months but if someone becomes obese because they are too lazy to cook or exercise or walk past fast food take outs then that is their problem. Don't ruin the guilty pleasures for the rest of us! (I have the same issue with sugar tax ) :p:p

Advertisement