Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Jofspring wrote: »
    As mentioned above they do great burgers and fries, simple as that really. Not really a big deal, it would just be great to have one in Limerick.

Not as good as having a Marks and Spencers though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I had heard that Nandos have signed up for the Crescent as well. No confirmation just heard it from a mate who works in the Crescent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Was waiting for someone to mention Nandos in the same vein as "jaysus tid very expensive burger an chip, shur Kebabajabalish is half da price"
    Can't wait to see how this pans out! Moaners and whingebags, start your engines!

Not a dig at you Poxyshamrock, but the inevitable respsonses to your post - "tid very expensive chicken and chip" "bland" "I don' see what people see in it and that makes me very angry on the internet" can only be moments away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Are they going to have a food court in the crescent extension? It would be great to have many options to choose from and sit together

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Not as good as having a Marks and Spencers though...

Also heard a rumour about M&S going in there. I'll believe it when I see it :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Ankhyu wrote: »

:D

At least all the talk about M&S has died down (although I did bring it up there), thank f**k! Remember some female councillor a few years back saying it was a great place to buy underwear.

M&S was going to singlehandedly solve the recession in Limerick. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Dont think that will happen as Tesco put up a protest last time it was mentioned and most centres only have one anchor grocery shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Before I start, don't get my wrong, I think it's great that these businesses are coming to Limerick. However, it is another nail in the city centre's coffin by opening these businesses in the crescent. The extension itself should never have been approved, thus forcing new businesses into the city centre. If the council are serious about revitalizing the centre, why did they approve this extension. Frustrating to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Before I start, don't get my wrong, I think it's great that these businesses are coming to Limerick. However, it is another nail in the city centre's coffin by opening these businesses in the crescent. The extension itself should never have been approved, thus forcing new businesses into the city centre. If the council are serious about revitalizing the centre, why did they approve this extension. Frustrating to say the least.

How do you know though that it would have forced these businesses into the city centre? They open up where they think they can make the most money and follow footfall, otherwise they just don't open there. It's very easy to blame the likes of shopping centres and retail parks for all the city centre's failing but denying an extension that brings both business and revenue just runs the risk that they don't open in the region at all. That would be very shortsighted imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

There's no guarantee that those businesses would set up in the city centre. Indeed, the liklihood is that they wouldn't given that the people who will shop in them, for the most part, live in the suburbs and surrounding region. I think we have to stop seeing the city centre as a retail space, first and foremost. That's just barking up the wrong tree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

The other restaurant coming I'm led to believe is Zizzi. Also another YUM brand being co-located in KFC.
    KFC have signed contracts for the Ennis Road Retail Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

zulutango wrote: »
    There's no guarantee that those businesses would set up in the city centre. Indeed, the liklihood is that they wouldn't given that the people who will shop in them, for the most part, live in the suburbs and surrounding region. I think we have to stop seeing the city centre as a retail space, first and foremost. That's just barking up the wrong tree.

We equally need to dispel the growing perception that the city centre is neither a viable nor suitable location for successful retail activity. That in my mind is an incredibly stupid and ignorant attitude that needs to be challenged at every opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Vanquished wrote:
    We equally need to dispel the growing perception that the city centre is neither a viable nor suitable location for successful retail activity. That in my mind is an incredibly stupid and ignorant attitude that needs to be challenged at every opportunity.

Why can't we have both?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Vanquished wrote: »

Small / divided lots is not a "perception", it's a reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The other restaurant coming I'm led to believe is Zizzi. Also another YUM brand being co-located in KFC.
    KFC have signed contracts for the Ennis Road Retail Park.

I love Zizzi. Didn't realise they were in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Ben Dunne Gyms are looking to open in Eastpoint Retail Park. I thought the university bought this place, why would they be letting it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

pigtown wrote: »
    Ben Dunne Gyms are looking to open in Eastpoint Retail Park. I thought the university bought this place, why would they be letting it out?

Thought it was Park Point UL bought, isn't Eastpoint where the nct centre is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

pigtown wrote:

I see lots of threads about bargains for membership on here

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Trying to belittle people who have a different view than you is not going to change their minds. Just let us know your view and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Vanquished wrote:

Where is that view being expressed though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

zulutango wrote: »
    Where is that view being expressed though?

It's quite a prevalent view unfortunately. One that I've encountered very frequently in the course of my work and in casual conversations with both friends and acquaintances. It's rife on social media too.

The city centre is all too often seen as somewhere to go for a drink or a bite to eat but certainly not as a suitable place to go shopping or to live. It can and should be able to cater for all of those and that's what we should be aiming for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

that's what we should be aiming for.

Unless we see some serious redevelopment (which is possible) that ship has sailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

CeX will be going into the old Xtra-Vision unit in the Parkway. Glad to have something going in there, with it being a front facing unit it looks fairly crap at the moment

Oh no! My little guy loves CEX. It's going to be some battle from now on trying to get past there and into Dunnes. Or even just to walk past the Parkway itself. He's only 3, he can't even play game yet. But if he could he'd just live there and walk about loudly exclaiming his admiration of the game covers and Skylander/Lego Dimensions/Disney Infinity figures.

He's going to be so freaking happy!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Homesense is going into the unit alongside TKMAXX in the Parkway. (the old toys r us unit)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

Tefral wrote: »
    Homesense is going into the unit alongside TKMAXX in the Parkway. (the old toys r us unit)

It is a sister company of TK Maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

mart 23 wrote: »
    It is a sister company of TK Maxx

Yep!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I see brazen head teds is reopening as teds how disappointing

bigpink wrote: »
    I see brazen head teds is reopening as teds how disappointing

why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Mc Love wrote: »
    why?

My parents went to at Teds brazen head
    Talk about living in the past

• Advertisement

bigpink wrote: »
    My parents went to at Teds brazen head
    Talk about living in the past

The white house is re-opening as the white house, is that disappointing too? I bet your parents went there too.

Advertisement