Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Mc Love wrote: »
    The white house is re-opening as the white house, is that disappointing too? I bet your parents went there too.

The white house is a traditional pub thata been trading for years.They arent changingbthe style but deffo moving it forward
    Teds is being run by Futurerama events and a fella that ran events with Greg Ryan
    They set a facebook page up and it does not look very professional

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

How did any business ever become successful before fakebook was around?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

bazz26 wrote: »
    How did any business ever become successful before fakebook was around?

Because the 8 hours a day everyone spends looking at their smartphone/dating/hookup apps was spent in places like Teds where that was the only opportunity you got to meet friends/new people/dates/shags etc....

One of the many reasons pubs and clubs have died a death in recent years....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

bigpink wrote: »
    The white house is a traditional pub thata been trading for years.They arent changingbthe style but deffo moving it forward
    Teds is being run by Futurerama events and a fella that ran events with Greg Ryan
    They set a facebook page up and it does not look very professional

That is their signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

ongarboy wrote: »
    One of the many reasons pubs and clubs have died a death in recent years....

Well now, to be fair I think it all died when they stopped feeding me chilli con carne at 11:30pm in exchange for a ticket stub. :D

(although that still is the law for outside entertainment - see Oktoberfest for a reference example)

• Advertisement

That actor fella kevin kiely jr opening a veggie and vegan restaurant on thomas street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

bigpink wrote:
    That actor fella kevin kiely jr opening a veggie and vegan restaurant on thomas street

Super excited about this. His food pictures on instagram look amazing and Limerick is badly in need of a vegan restaurant!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

panda100 wrote: »
    Super excited about this. His food pictures on instagram look amazing and Limerick is badly in need of a vegan restaurant!

Isnt there one on Cecil St?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Mc Love wrote:
    Isnt there one on Cecil St?

It's veggie rather than vegan and closes mid afternoon I think. Presumably the one opening on Thomas Street will be open on an evening basis.

He sounds more like a p.r front for it but its very welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

I saw a planning notice pinned to the door of the old AIB on Upr William St recently. No idea what the proposed redevelopment is but no harm to see it being occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

phog wrote:
    I saw a planning notice pinned to the door of the old AIB on Upr William St recently. No idea what the proposed redevelopment is but no harm to see it being occupied.

New Headway hq I believe. They're moving up from Steamboat Quay to there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

zulutango wrote: »
    New Headway hq I believe. They're moving up from Steamboat Quay to there.

http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/16681/0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Work going on in Xtravision Dooradoyle, anyone know whats going in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Work going on in Xtravision Dooradoyle, anyone know whats going in there?

I vaguely remember hearing something about Eternal the beauty place expanding into the extra vision unit but not sure if that's what's going in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

testicles wrote: »

Really? You wouldnt think so passing today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

testicles wrote:

Definitely not. Its a building site still. I pass it every day. I reckon November is a more realistic deadline.

Passed the courtyard part of the habitat venue its not even started yet.
    Went to Social and Co saturday its awful its just a crush crowd but its seperate from Habitat.Didnt seem alternative at all it was housr and techno and the crowd looked like the habitat crowd and a few hipster shapers

• Advertisement

Ya one of the lads is working on the air conditioning system there and he said it's due open some time this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

They got all their deliveries yesterday

eyebrows63 wrote: »
    They got all their deliveries yesterday

It was still a building site when I passed on my way home this evening

testicles wrote: »
    Builders can be quick when they want to be.

It's the professional cleaning crew that usually have the place transformed within 24 hours. Usually less. Speaking as a former sparks who has left building sites (finished, but manky) on a Sunday evening and returned to a 5* hotel or the likes ready for business the following Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

I passed it at about 9 last night and there didn't seem to be anyone working in there but some of the 2nd fits are fitted so it's not that far from completion but I'd be shocked if it opened any earlier than this day week without the guys burning the midnight oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

phog wrote: »
    I passed it at about 9 last night and there didn't seem to be anyone working in there but some of the 2nd fits are fitted so it's not that far from completion but I'd be shocked if it opened any earlier than this day week without the guys burning the midnight oil.

They're gonna block up BOTH lanes of the quay to help move it along faster.

They're gonna block up BOTH lanes of the quay to help move it along faster.

that's going to be a balls if true. The outside needs some work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Funky Donut are opening in the market soon, and Mexican Food Dudes are setting up in the Urban Garden outside Penney's.

There really is a lot of activity on the food/drink side in the city recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Not gone on funky doughnut at all. I can't understand why they don't do them fresh and until they do won't be going back and their coffee is OK at best

Advertisement